First Holiday without a bowl game.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jp_white

As a Michigander that's now in Oklahoma it's been difficult watching the wolverines and the Lions. Ouch!!!
I turned my very first pen last Friday. It's funny... I thought turning was going to be the hard part. With any luck I'll actually make a "shiny" pen this week.
A big shout out to les-smith for introducing me to pen making. In the past the lessons have been on the golf course.. Now he's giving me lessons and encouragement on the art of finishing pens.
I'm married with three teenagers and at least two of them can't wait to make a pen of their own.
I own a couple shopsmiths and all my woodworking up to now has been limited to cabinets/doors. This is a lot more fun!!!! Unfortunately I have about 20 doors to make to finish the kitchen. That's definitely at the top of the honey do list.
You guys are great and thanks for the help you have given me already.
God bless your Thanksgiving/Christmas Holiday season.
Forgive me if I do something wrong on the post.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

scotirish

Welcome from Michigan! Oops, you are from here! :eek::eek::eek: Quite a bummer of a season. :mad-tongue::mad-tongue::mad-tongue: Oh well, as the saying here in Michigan goes; "Theirs always next year!" :tongue::tongue::tongue: Anyway have fun with the pen turning.
The Old Oak Tree

Work safe: Remember the only 'SAFE' power tool in the shop, is the one with the plug pulled out of the socket!

If quitters never win, and winners never quit, than who is the fool who said, 'Quit while you"re ahead'?

altaciii

Welcome to the madness. My boss is from Detroit and his office is full of redwing and Lion sports paraphanilia. Sorry about the Lions. He said about the only good thing they have done this year is trade Roy Williams to the Cowboys, and being a good Cowboy fan I have to agree. :wink:

Paul in OKC

Welcome Jeff. Great to have another Okie on board. If Les is teaching you pens and golf, well.........I haven't touched the clubs but once in the last 8 years. Where abouts in the city are you?

OKLAHOMAN

Jeff, welcome from way east of you (about 30 miles). My problem will come if the Sooners play the Gators for the national championship being from Fla. and a Gator fan all my life now living in OK. Oh well sorry Les GO GATORS!
BTW has Les told you about our Oklahoma Chapter sure would like you to join us at our next meeting.

jp_white

I'm in Midwest City.....across from midget meadows. If you don't know where that is I'm pretty close to the hospital. I'm glad to be included in the Okie group. Thanks!!

jp_white

Roy....... I was at the Meechigan vs Florida bowl game last year when we beat up on Tebow. That memory may have to last a long time the way things are going.

les-smith

Hey Jeff,

Glad to see you decided to make a post. There's not much I can say here that we haven't talked about already. Welcome aboard and I look forward to some great discussions on penturning now that your hooked on making pens. See you later.

Top Bottom