Dayton, Ohio

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

The_Foo

Hi all! I just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Keith and I'm from Dayton, Ohio. I've been turning pens for around 10 months now, which is the extent of my experience with a lathe. I'm constantly learning and improving my skills and loving every minute of it. I'm sure my girlfriend is tired of hearing "I'm going to the basement, I'll be back up in a bit" with 'a bit' usually meaning 3 or 4 hours. I just started branching out into other kits besides the slimlines and have sold over 25 pens at work so far this year. It's nice having a hobby that can help pay for itself, or would if, I didn't keep buying new equipment.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Welcome Keith, from far west Kentucky, to the addiction, sometimes referred to as the vortex. Be sure to give the library a good bit of time. The link is at the top of the page. You will find an article called Library Index. This covers tutorials on about anything pen making you can think of. You will also notice that there are articles listed by year. Much good info there as well. When these fail to answer your questions, by all means post it here. I have never seen one go unanswered very long. You might also want to give this thread a good look. It has some very good info for the beginning pen turner; http://content.penturners.org/library/general_reference/Getting_started_in_pen_turning.pdf. Grab some wood, make some shavings and have fun all the while being safe.
Have a look at the series of videos ed4copies has just posted showing how to complete a pen from drill to finish.

Charles

Top Bottom