Big hello from N Ireland

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Alan Morrison

I have just finished 15th pen and signed up to IAP to get plenty of hints and tips.
I bought myself a small lathe recently for my birthday and started turning pens. It is somewhat addictive.
I lived in Australia for a time and had a large copying lathe there which I used for turning furniture legs,platters and bowls.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MDWine

Welcome aboard!

There is no place like this place near this place... this MUST be THE place!
The key here is to participate! Ask questions when you have'm, answer questions when you can, and make friends!

Don't forget pictures! WE LOVE pictures!

Pen Joe

Welcome, there is a lot to learn and this is the place to learn it, questions are not made fun of, they are great here, S.W. Louisiana, U.S.A.

Alan Morrison

Hello

Welcome Alan, from Sydney, Australia, I expect you are really missing our our 40 degree Centigrade plus Hot Spell, right now?
Regards,
Brian.

Hello Brian
Just read your welcome so thank you for that.
Winter here daytime temps just under 10 degrees.
I experienced a few days in Oz into the 40s didn't like it one bit.
We lived in Orange nsw for 12 years so temps there suited this western european a lot better.

Alan

Alan Morrison

Hello

Whereabout in Australia did you live and when?

Peter.

G'Day Peter, and howyagoin?

Thanks for your message which I just got.

We lived in Orange NSW for 12 years, where I worked as property manager and general dogsbody at Orange Christian School. We returned to N Ireland 6 years ago, bought a cottage built on part of my father's old farm, built an extension and small workshop, and on completing the landscaping I bought a lathe so occupy the winter months.

Pen making has become somewhat addictive I have found.

Alan

Top Bottom