beginner from mi.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kevin miller

hello i just started pen turning and really love it. i have a lot to learn but it looks like i have found the right group to belong to. with the knowledge ive seen so far here i think that you all can turn me into a good turner. thanks kevin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mac

Welcome ,I think you did find the right place to sharpen your skills, and many ideals too.
Lots of help here just ask.

lobster

Kevin, hello. I'm another newbie from MI. I go to Dryden all the time as I have a very good friend who lives there. Good luck to you...I know I need it!

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Kevin. Lots of people here to offer lots of help and advice. Nothing like experience for a teacher though. Experience will teach you from your mistakes; However we will help you spend your money for new and more equipement - from which you will still need experience! Kidding of course :biggrin: Join in the fun.

Seriously, if you have questions, just ask them and there are lots of people willing to help.

Below are links to two threads/articles that have lots of information on pen turning. The first one is a very basic overview of the many aspects of getting into turning pens.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

The second link has postings by different pen turners and what they wish they had known earlier:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

traderdon55

Welcome to the group. The best learning advice I can give is join the Michigan chapter. You will learn a lot here just by reading but not near as much as you will learn by watching other turners show you just how they do it.

Daniel

Welcome Kevin, This is a great place to learn nearly anything you ever want to know about penturning. It is also a great place to just hang around. Good people and good fun.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome Kevin. What a great time for you to join here. There is a great local chapter in your area. And there is more info here to keep you learning the rest of your life.

Maybe we'll get some pieces of insight from you down the road as well. Never be shy of sharing your experiences. We are all somewhere on the penturners learning curve.

RichB

Welcome from another Michigander. I looked up Dryden and we go by your town at least twice a year to Canada. You will enjoy all the friends you will make here and all the help everyone gives.

Top Bottom