Been 6 years, a re-introduction

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

theHullTurn

Hello All,

I must say I've missed this place. Been about 6 years since I have logged in, when I last saw you I was a highschooler and many of you helped me get started by sending blanks and such to fuel my turning! I even visited a meet up in Texas and was able to buy a lathe off a fellow member!

Times have changed! I am now graduated from college, married as of Dec 3rd last year, and just went under contract for our first house! Having lived in campus housing and now in an apartment the past two years, I have not been able to have my equipment or turn. However, with the house coming along with a garage I will thankfully get back into this wonderful hobby!

Can't wait to be hanging around and posting what I make! (I'll be rusty at first of course!)

Happy to be back!
Jarvis

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Welcome Back Nathan, from Sydney Australia.
Turning is like Riding a Push Bike, once you get back on, you wobble a little, but it soon comes back.
You never really Forget.
Even your Muscle Memory, Kicks in, and everything feel comfortable again.
Look forward to seeing your "rusty" pens, soon.
Brian.

Mr Vic

Welcome Jarvis from out east in Falcon.

Now for the shameless plug. Pikes Peak Woodturners holds it's monthly meeting this Friday in the Bemis School of Art at 5:30. It's behind the Fine Arts Center on Cascade and Cache Le Poudre. Got a great demonstrator lined up. Stop on by and check us out if you have free time.

Pikes Peak Woodturners | Turning wood in the Front Range

Vic

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome back, Jarvis - and congratulations on all your accomplishments over the past 6 years.

We'll be looking forward to some of your new turnings.

robutacion

Hello All,

I must say I've missed this place. Been about 6 years since I have logged in, when I last saw you I was a highschooler and many of you helped me get started by sending blanks and such to fuel my turning! I even visited a meet up in Texas and was able to buy a lathe off a fellow member!

Times have changed! I am now graduated from college, married as of Dec 3rd last year, and just went under contract for our first house! Having lived in campus housing and now in an apartment the past two years, I have not been able to have my equipment or turn. However, with the house coming along with a garage I will thankfully get back into this wonderful hobby!

Can't wait to be hanging around and posting what I make! (I'll be rusty at first of course!)

Happy to be back!
Jarvis

Well, well, I also remember you and thank you for remembering those that helped you when you were a young lad.

It's amazing how much can happen/change in 6 years in the life of your people, we all went through that, some of us still remember those times.

For old farts like myself, 6 years are nothing and go like a flash so, I'm pleased that you have now your own family and house, is it still the average of 2.7 kids per couple in your country...?:biggrin:

Get yourself sorted with a good workshop space and start to put together what you already have, slowly you will be up and running be aware that the number of different pen kits available in our days is a lot more than 6 years ago, get enough storage room for an assortment of pen bits.

We will be here to continue to assist you as before,

Best of luck.

Cheers
George

theHullTurn

Welcome Jarvis from out east in Falcon.

Now for the shameless plug. Pikes Peak Woodturners holds it's monthly meeting this Friday in the Bemis School of Art at 5:30. It's behind the Fine Arts Center on Cascade and Cache Le Poudre. Got a great demonstrator lined up. Stop on by and check us out if you have free time.

Pikes Peak Woodturners | Turning wood in the Front Range

Vic

Awesome! Close by for sure! I will definitely try to attend one of these meetings.

theHullTurn

Hello All,

Happy to be back!
Jarvis

Well, well, I also remember you and thank you for remembering those that helped you when you were a young lad.

It's amazing how much can happen/change in 6 years in the life of your people, we all went through that, some of us still remember those times.

For old farts like myself, 6 years are nothing and go like a flash so, I'm pleased that you have now your own family and house, is it still the average of 2.7 kids per couple in your country...?:biggrin:

Get yourself sorted with a good workshop space and start to put together what you already have, slowly you will be up and running be aware that the number of different pen kits available in our days is a lot more than 6 years ago, get enough storage room for an assortment of pen bits.

We will be here to continue to assist you as before,

Best of luck.

Cheers
George

Glad to see people remember me! Happy to be plugging back into this wonderful community! Can't wait to discover all the new things on the market when it comes to pen turning! I will definitely need to have a good storage room for it all! :)

Top Bottom