Back from the grave

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mikey

Hey all. Some of you may remember me as I was here a whole LOT over the course of a few years. I took a year long break and now find myself once again needing to make stuff for gifts or to try and sell for Christmas. so rather than me just start popping into threads, I figured I would make a post here first and get familiar with the newish look of the forum.

I am also quite shocked at some of the artwork I have seen on the front page of the site. The segmented pens are absolutely amazing and make my work look like that of a... (well I have no clue, but that work is awesome)

So thanks all for helping me over the years and I hope i can help back at least a little, until i need another break. lol

Mike

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Hi Mike, from Columbus. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your creations.

Mikey

Thanks all so far.

I just got done chatting with a lady I know from the extreme northeast who I sent a pen and stopper to as a gift. She was telling her mom about the stuff as she (the mom) owns a spa. Apparently they look for stuff to sell along with items like gift certificates for Christmas and she may want me to supply several items to them on consignment. When I told her they run $40 on up for pens and $25 or so on the stoppers, she replied with "honey, we sell $85 face cream, its no big deal."

I am beyond words ATM.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
It's always fun to deal with people of means.

However, her employees may not be as affluent.

Make sure they understand they pay for pens that "go missing", even if they pay only half, at least get paid for your materials.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Jump right in! I wondered where you went! Some things never change (besides some of our aging process) :biggrin: and then some changes come big and quick. There sure has been a big advance in pen designs and quality lately by individuals here.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome back Mike.

Some of these newer people just seem to jump in with both feet and it is amazing to see all the gifted and creative people here at IAP. I'm sure you'll have a lot more to add for those of us who rather run more the middle of the road talent.

Sounds like you've got a good connection up north.

Top Bottom