In awe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Americanone

Hello from Knoxville TN. I have never been one to join associations, but after and hour of looking around the site I had to join. I am a rookie penturner. I work in a highly competitive trade that never shares secrets. To find a group of individuals that so openly share their knowledge and pool their resources is very alien to me. I must tell you it is exciting. Browsing the different pens is intimidating to say the least, they are gorgeous. I have only been a member for a few days and have learned more than I have in the last year on my own. Thank you for having this site and I look forward to many years as a student and member.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Americanone

I own a small commercial HVAC service company. Everyone thinks your out to steal their ideas and customers. I come from a background that theirs enough for everyone willing to work. Its that last item thats gets everyone. I have never been one to read any online forums but I have become addicted to reading the post on this site.

stevers

Welcome James. This site helped me immensely when I started out. Please feel free to ask questions and use the knowledge. Have fun, and like they said above, welcome to the addiction.

Fred

Greetings and Welcome to the Forum.

One of the better thoughts about this Forum is that there are so many different opinions on tools, products, methods, etc. If you are about to purchase or try something for your shop, be sure to come here and research that item or idea OR ask about it by posting a question. Just do yourself a big favor and research your question first. Then, if the answers are not that clear to you ASK ... there are no stupid questions, but there can often times be complicated answers.

Many of us here have "been there and done that before." Thereby we are usually quite able to help. That help will save you money and time in a big way. Of course opinions are kinda like rear ends, we all have one and they are very different. Just study the answers and glean the best for your situation. :D

PaulDoug

Originally posted by Americanone

Funny you should say that about money I think I have dropped $500 this weekend.

The reason I wrote that is, I've only been at it a short while, but wanted to get an idea of what I have spent so far. I looked a past debit statement and started listing expenses on a spread sheet. Got a third of the way through and, well, maybe I don't want to know[:0]

I'm not adding the new lathe I ordered!

woodworker

Originally posted by PaulDoug

Originally posted by Americanone

Funny you should say that about money I think I have dropped $500 this weekend.

The reason I wrote that is, I've only been at it a short while, but wanted to get an idea of what I have spent so far. I looked a past debit statement and started listing expenses on a spread sheet. Got a third of the way through and, well, maybe I don't want to know[:0]

I'm not adding the new lathe I ordered!
A wise man once told me that "man never counts the money he spends on his hobbies or his vices." Having just joined you by ordering a Jet Mini today, I'm going with the wise man and not counting.:D

Top Bottom