Aspiring pen turner

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wurzell

Hi all,:)
I have recently taken up turning as a hobby at 55, and I wonder why I didn't find it years ago. I have gotten into pen making and find it rewarding and satisfying. But looking around at some the pens you guys are making I have a way to go.
I live in North weald Essex in the UK, and was wondering if anyone knows of any retailers of pen making equipment in my locality? I can buy online but the postage makes it a bit expensive.
I love this site I didn't realise there were so many like minded people.
:bye:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjwolfe3

Welcome from Ohio. There are a lot of people on here from the UK. I am sure they can help with local pen turning suppliers. If not, some of the US suppliers will ship overseas.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome from Japan too! I took it up at 58 and have almost 4 years under my belt. A great hobby, job or in between.

Post some picts of your pens as you make them.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Welcome aboard, Tony. As Rob noted, we have several UK members. I'm sure some of them will chime in soon and give you a hand in locating supplies.

Check out our library here at the site; it has a wealth of information.

rej19

I started at 54 about 4 months ago. I got an early start! Having a blast. I've tried a few things beyond my expertise but have learned a lot doing so. You have found by far the best site for information no matter what your skills are. Welcome!

Top Bottom