Another Texas turner

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bigkev2842

Just wanted to say an official hello from Spring, Tx. I have been turning for a few years now and got started turning through making pens. I have been amazed at the work here and and constantly impressed and inspired by works seen here. I am hoping to get into some celtic knot and segmented blanks. Wish me luck.
Kev

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

broitblat

Kev,

Sorry, our Texas allocation is full. You'll have to wait for one of them to leave :)

Welcome from one of the corners of the country. I look forward to seeing your work.

-Barry

its_virgil

whew....glad I'm already a member:biggrin::biggrin:
Welcome from Wichita Falls...at the other end of the state from you. But, there are several excellent penturner members in the greater Houston area.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Kev,

Sorry, our Texas allocation is full. You'll have to wait for one of them to leave :)

Welcome from one of the corners of the country. I look forward to seeing your work.

-Barry

TX_Planes

Welcome! Glad I just made it in under the wire. Looks like they are about to limit the TX members. :)

I learn something everytime in check in. A great group of turners.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Welcome. Looks like we're getting a lot of Texas members on the north side of Houston. I'm on the south side myself, Pearland to be exact.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Kev! Glad to have you here. Your turning background will definitely be an advantage to making pens.

I am including a link to a PDF file that goes over many aspects of pen turning from finish - to pens - to tools - to methods etc. It is not in detail or comprehensive but a general overview for pen turning. You already know most of this (if not all) and you probably already have the basic tools. I do like to include this to every new member here.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

Top Bottom