Another newbie from Spring, TX

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

RonInSpringTX

Howdy all, newbie here, but have been turning over couple of years. Hopefully I can start doing the Christmas gifts now that I got the wife's project done...downstairs 1/2 bath remodel is finally finished...UGH!!!:( 3+weeks & 22-1/2 trips to Home Depot, Lowe's, Wally-World, etc... not to mention the Christmas lights!!! UGH X 2.:(:(
I tell her "baby, I've got presents to make!!" ...the reply"I know".
so I say "four pens, 5 bottle stoppers, & infinite key-chains for your co-workers, remember????" ...(innocent here, she says)"but you've got 3 weeks!!!" We've been married 1-1/2yrs but have been together for 10 yrs. She know's the ETA of a turning of mine, plus other projects I do. She's too young to have Alzheimers, so I guess I'll just chalk it up to short-term memory loss!!! I told her "what about the sanding time on each & every item....plus the unseen???!!!
She just smiles & said "you can do it...you always do!!!" Guess that's why I married her!!!

Anywho dudes/dudettes...I've digressed.... wanted to post opinion on a few of the forum items but figured I'd introduce myself first!! Will post pics of some of the stuff I've done... (after I can figure that out!!! LOL) where should I post the pics to??? Y'all take care - Ronnie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred

Welcome Ronnie. Glad to have you with us all.

I know about the wife thingies. I am now 60 and she is but 36. We have been together for some 18 years now. Her "to do list" just keeps on getting longer and longer.

Then we all have to step back and think, "Where would I be without her?" [:D]

RonInSpringTX

thanks alot everyone.....appreciate the greetings!!!! I've put some of my work under another topic in "introductions" feel free to comment!!!

MarkHix

Howdy Ron! We need some more Texans.

How do you get a 1/2 trip to Home Depot? Start to go and change your mind or get there and don't buy anything? Start for Home Depot and end up at Lowes?

MarkHix

Howdy Ron! We need some more Texans.

How do you get a 1/2 trip to Home Depot? Start to go and change your mind or get there and don't buy anything? Start for Home Depot and end up at Lowes?

RonInSpringTX

Hey Mark, great work on your pens, bowl looks like some type of spalted maple, not sure, love the ambonya cigar & the Wallstreet Burl. Where at in TX?? LOL on your comments.... actually the 1/2 trip to the stores are all of the above...and ending up @
an Ace Hardware store.... (which actually equals 2-1/2 trips!!) merchandise for renovation...$400 gas in 22-1/2 trips...$200
using nailer to sink last brad nail & it bending, saying hopefully final curse-word, then pull it out, fill with putty, resand, refinish, then sinking last brad nail....PRICELESS!!
adios Ron
Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom