Another New Member

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

68plymouth

Hi Turners! I have been visiting this site for a while and finally joined. I'm retired Navy and located in Southern Maryland. Let me know if you want some Cherry Burl because there's a lot here! I also just bought an Epilog laser and I'm looking for some help in inlays and such.

Aloha, Dave

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

68plymouth

Welcome to the IAP Dave!
Thanks Mark! I went to your site and saw a couple of the pens you made. Their great! I'm sorry to hear you can't spend alot of time in your shop. I got started turning a couple of year ago as a way to deal with some PSDS issues and it works. Nothing like getting lost in thought while turning. I don't get much time to turn either. Just to busy. How did you get the shell on you pen blank? I have some shell in a very thin sheet I plan on using for inlays but I never thought of doing a whole pen. I'd like to make a couple of those. I read that you like burl. I have a lot of Cherry burl if you'd like some. Stuff is hard as a rock to cut and takes a long time to air dry. Shoot me an email if your interested.

Good Turning,

Dave

Welcome, the laser sounds like it will be fun to play with. If you have any questions just ask.
Thanks. I'm sure i will soon. Just last week I managed to mess up the position settings. Took me three days to figure out! Have you tried any inlay work on pens?

I mean any questions on general pen turning. :redface: At this point I leave the lasering to the pros.

Fat Boy

Welcom from sunny Florida! now with a name like 68Plymouth we need to see some pictures! i just finished my 67 nova so i love seeing me some 60's muscle.

Top Bottom