Another New Guy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DenverPenMan

Hello to everyone. My name is Corey Robin and I live in Highlands Ranch, Colorado, about 15 miles south of Denver. I have always been fascinated by wood and finally took a penturning class a couple of weeks ago at Rockler here in Denver. I"M HOOKED!!! I would like to get more involved with penturning but I want to make sure it's for me. Is there anyone in the Denver area that would be willing to meet with me and answer some of my questions? I would also like to find someone who would be interested in taking on a student. I would like to learn more about penturning and have some additional hands on experience before I dive in completely. I am willing to pay someone who would be interested in teaching. I am at a point in my career, I have been in the printing business for over forty years, where I am starting to look at other options, and turning is at the top of the list. If anyone is interested, please contact me. In closing I hope I have the opportunity to speak with and meet many of you in the future.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
S

spiritwoodturner

Hey Corey,

You're WAY too far away from for me to be of any help. I live in PARKER, FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD!!! I'm just finishing up a 600 s.f. shop attached to my house in The Pinery that's still a bit of a mess (plus I'm finishing up a Murphy Bed for one of my tenants in the Highlands in Denver) but in a few weeks I'll be turning again, and would love to talk to about where you're at and what you need. Are you a member of Front Range Woodturners? You should be, and I can get you in touch with great people to learn from there, like Pete Holtus, who is a real gift. Stuart Batty lives in Denver now and is doing an entire weekend class I think this weekend. My home phone is 303-805-7994, let's hook up.

I also would not limit myself to penturning (that may be heresy here!) because you'll learn so much more that you can then apply to penturning if you broaden out. Pete taught me that, and it was the best advice I ever got.

Call me and we'll hook up. See what you can find on this darn site?!!!!

Dale Sherman

Mr Vic

Hi Corey.....I'm a new member but have been browsing for a long time....Head South Young Man. I'm down in Falcon. The Woodcraft store in the Springs offers classes and I know one of the sales guys does one on one on the side. I've never taken a class myself but have turned out quite a few good and even great, if I may say so, pens. I lot I picked up from tips here and trial and error. The only thing I have found to hold true is that what works for one may or may not work for me and vise versa. I turn on both my Shop Smith and a new Jet Mini ...be happy to spare some turning time....Might ask you to split some fire would in returmn....kidding that's the wifes job.....Vic

Top Bottom