Another Aussie!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MalleeBurls

Hi guys from Swan Hill, Australia!

I'm new here, joined up mainly to learn about casting and stabilizing blanks. I love turning, but haven't done many pens at all, mostly bowls and hollow forms.

My username relates to a new online business my brother and I are going to launch soon. I am blessed with access to properties in the Victorian Mallee. We have a large amount of Australian Burls and some slabs drying.....mostly River Red Gum, Black Box, Red Mallee and Brown Mallee burls, as well as basic cuts of these plus Coobah, Silver Wattle, Blackwood and Melalueca.

Thanks for having me!
Mick.
:bananen_smilies046:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome from Texas, Mick.

There's a contest for new members going on right now where you can have a chance to win a pile of really nice blanks just for answering 3 simple questions. Check out this thread and submit your entry. You never know.....

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f217/mr-anonymous-game-33-@-19-8-2016-new-members-only-142436/

Also be sure to post a photo of one of your pens in the Show Off Your Pens forum for a chance to win a drawing for a gift certificate from Exotic Blanks.

magpens

Welcome to IAP, Mick !!! . Aussies always especially welcome ... I am one too :)

Let us know when your wares are going on sale and post a website address, please !

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome!

I used to be able to pick up mallee burl pieces regularly when I lived in Japan. Looking forward to seeing some of your work and maybe some of the wood that you harvest.

Top Bottom