Aloha to the Penturners World

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Shane Payne

Hi everyone! I'm very excited to be a part of this group and I know that I will learn so much. I'm very new to pen turning but I'm enjoying my time creating beautiful pens from different species of wood. I'm very open to suggestions and my ears are always open. Someone, please take me under their wing.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Welcome Shane, from Sydney Australia.
I am certain that someone a bit closer than I, will pick up your request.
But I would draw your attention to the Library, I would be surprised if anything you will need is not covered there in infinite detail, if not post a question, and watch the answers or opinions flood in.
Regards,
Brian.

MDWine

Welcome aboard.
There is no place like this place near this place... this MUST be THE place!
The key here is to participate! Ask questions when you have'm, answer questions when you can, and make friends!

You'll get a lot of good advice, and lots of opinions! ;)

Don't forget pictures! WE LOVE pictures!

(so does everyone in Hawaii have a main-line to Koa? heh heh heh)

Seriously... welcome, jump in and have a blast.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Shane. Here is a link for possibly looking up a few people close to you that turn pens if you want to watch someone.

IAP Member Map - International Association of Penturners

click on the Hawaii group and it will bring up information on those in your region.

If you like the online helps, there are plenty of people here to help. Don't forget the Library at the top of the page in the "Blue" area.
Library Index - International Association of Penturners
In particular, look at Pen Turning 101.

magpens

Hi Shane !! . Welcome to IAP !!

You will find many people eager to help you with the basics as well as the finer points of pen-making right here on IAP. . There is plenty of help in the library as well as in past threads which you can search until kingdom-come !!

Just don't be hesitant to ask whatever you want to know.

Be sure to post photos of both your work and the problems you encounter.

There is lots of fun here, too. . The 15th Birthday Celebration (BASH) is coming up in February. . You should familiarize yourself with the contests and opportunites that presents and try to participate in at least one of the pen-making contests. . Lots of valuable prizes are offered.

Lots of friendships are waiting to be established for every member, new and old.

greenacres2

Welcome aboard from La Porte, IN (10 miles from Lake Michigan). I've made a few purchases from Woodpen Pros in Kaneohe, HI. Jimmy stocks some nice variations of hardware, and has been good to deal with. His web site says he's closed until January 6, but he may be able to put you in touch with some turners close to you.
earl

Top Bottom