Allow me to introduce myself

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

chuditch

G'day…I am George Herring and live in Busselton, Western Australia. Busselton is in the south west of the state and right in the area that's famously known as the Margaret River Wine Region. This particular area is on the coast and we enjoy an idilic Mediterranean climate.

I have been involved in general woodturning for about 18 years and only dabbled in Pen Making, using cheap slimline kits only to sell for a price. Over the last six months I have sourced good quality mechanisms with the view to trying to get into the higher end of the market….. this appears to have started to bear fruit, though it may just be the Christmas Gift giving period that has prompted people to get something different.

A number of years ago I purchased a WoodWrite Lathe from the USA and turned out Slimline on that…one of the downsides was that using this still of system, the pen barrels were straight and where the kit required a bit of shape I tended to shy away from…however since getting some better style kits such as Polaris, Gatsby, Writemaster and the Berea Hardwoods range and adding a little imagination I have been able to produce a better looking pen. A long way to go though. The finish I previously used was to a price and I always thought that a glossy finish wouldn't attract discerning buyers WRONG.

I have attempted to show a collection of Pens and Pencils I have in the Old Courthouse Gallery in Busselton Western Australia…I would appreciate any comments..

Regards….George

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wood-of-1kind

I have attempted to show a collection of Pens and Pencils I have in the Old Courthouse Gallery in Busselton Western Australia…I would appreciate any comments..

Regards….George

Welcome to the IAP George. We can gladly provide comment(s) on your pens but I do not see any links to your photos and your photo album is empty.

Stick Rounder

Welcome George,

I got married not too far from there in Willyabrup at the Brookland Valley Vineyard, went to the beach for photos after the cerimony. Without a doubt one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. My wife is a farm girl from Buntine, just a bit north. If you need anything let me know.

dasimm

Another big welcome from Texas George...

Please feel free to bribe members (specifically me) with wine or beer for superior feedback and ratings on your work. Bear in mind that my opinion isn't worth crap, but I figured I would at least try to get free beer or wine out of it. :biggrin:

- David
Colleyville, Texas

Top Bottom