All Around Newbie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveC

Hello to all from Massachusetts.

For the last 15 years or so, I've been saying how much I'd like to make pens. I love pens, I love wood. Seemed like a good idea.

This past Christmas my beautiful wife bought me an entry-level mini lathe...now I actually *have to* make pens!

After lots of research, reading, asking, video-watching, reading, asking, reading...I started turning pens this past March. What a lovely way to spend time! I've only made a handful of pens so far, and nothing that I'd call truly unique (trying to get the basics down still...I'm very slow), but I've been having a grand time, and we've already got folks asking to get a pen made by me! Imagine that!

I'm glad to have found this group, and this site; in just a couple of weeks I've already learned more and been exposed to more possibilities than I could have imagined. I hope some of your collective experience and wisdom can sink into my dull brain and make me a better pen maker.

Thanks in advance to all how have obviously contributed their knowledge and time to this site. It's a great place to have landed.

smc

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PeetyInMich

The folks on this site will expose you to ideas and concepts that you would have never imagined on your own. And once the wow factor eases you will realize that these are people just like you with skills and abilities (and usually tools) similar to yours and they are creating incredible pieces. I have found that it is humbling and inspiring.

Top Bottom