woodworking show Jan 16-18

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Thinking about it Adam. I will ask some of my ww buds if they want to get together and go. I haven't been, as a spectator, for some years and partly because I haven't heard too much good about it. Some have said that after Peachtree took over the whole thing it hasn't been all that much. The last time I went was when Rockler introduced the Bench Cookies and I worked their booth a couple of days, didn't get to see much of the show. I have talked with, and taught, several folks who went, made a pen (Woodcraft I think) and then got real interested in the craft. Are you going and if so whaich day?
WB

redneckmedic

I went two years ago and bought a band saw off the floor for about 60% of retail, and I usually pick up acid brushes for pennies as well. I contacted Craft Supply about helping with pen turning demos as a club and they said they were out of the "let folks turn a pen" demo. I'm guessing either liability, or anyone that would buy turning supplies got a free pen and it wasn't interesting to them any longer.

I'll probably go to pick up some T-track stuff and meet and greet some.

I would like to have some kind of representation for the chapter there, but the reality is that I think we all think the show is getting pretty lame.

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam
I'm going at least one time, maybe another with my brother. Meanwhile I've sign up for a class also.

epigolucky

I'm planning on going, I went early on Friday last year before everyone got off work. It was my first year turning so I was pretty overwhelmed and really had no clue what I was doing for that matter. Thanks to IAP, I have learned a lot this last year.

I don't know what day/time i'll go this time around. Let me know if anyone wants to meet up and I can see if we can find a time that works.

Have a great week everyone,

-adam

rej19

Since I am at the fairgrounds about once a week anyway I will probably drop in. I agree the show seems to have had less appeal the last couple of years.

Top Bottom