When the next meeting will be held.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Holiday Greetings pen turners. Some of you have asked when the next chapter meeting will take place and we were kinda wondering the same thing. We were planning a chapter meeting for late November but that didn't happen nor will the one we were planning for December due in part to the busyness of the season and other factors. Suffice it to say the "new leadership team" is working on a big one for January. The location will be in the recreation hall of a church in Avon, Indiana. Avon is located just west of the Marion/Hendricks County line where Highway 36 and Highway 267 intersect; about 8 miles west of I-465, more details will be forthcoming. On November 23rd Ron Jones, Dan Mechuta and Bill Bettag met to discuss the chapter and determine the best options to keep our chapter moving forward. We want to provide meetings of fun and substance for all of the members and want to address the needs or wants of those who attend. The January meeting will offer the members the opportunity to give their input toward these goals. The 15th of January is looking pretty good at this point. Be thinking about what demos you would like to see done and what discussions you would like to have take place. We're thinking of dual demos running simultaneously, one for the newbies and folks who want a refresher in the basics and one for more advanced pen makers. We will also hold a ballot vote for the three officer positions that are currently being filled on a temporary basis. We need to elect a President, Secretary and Assistant to a 1 or 2 year position. Right now Ron Jones has volunteered to fill in as temporary President, along with Dan Mechuta as the Secretary and Bill Bettag as acting Assistant until we can have input and nominations. Nominate yourself or someone else if you like; and they will be placed on the "ballot". We have written a brief description of the duties of each position and they are furnished here as an attachment. The meetings are going to be held quarterly rather than every two months. We're concerned about; burn-out of attending six meetings a year, not enough time to plan and arrange for demos and we hope there will be larger turn outs when it doesn't occur as often. We are open to any and all suggestions and ideas. It is your chapter, so speak up and get from it what you want. Please, email us and speak your mind.

Ron Jones: rej19@comcast.net
Dan Mechuta: dmechuta81@aol.com
Bill Bettag: billbettag@aol.com

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

I nominate Chuck Hutchings for any ole position. He must attend the January meeting or he is automatically accepted and must attend all winter meetings. :devil:

On a serious note.......
Bill and others, I think it would be a good thing to get some input from some of the new turners as to what they would like to see demo wise. Baring any tragety or it being a weekend we have our grandson Linda and I will plan on making this meeting. We can bring some items to do things such as closed end pen demos.

rej19

That sounds great Mike. I've seen your posting etc. but have not had a chance to meet you and your wife. Our group has the potential to be a very good one. We have had more than 40 at some of the meetings. We have just been struggling with an adequate location etc. Hopefully we can get a handle on some of the logistics and keep this thing moving forward. I would love to see some demo's. We will be in touch.

Vigil-Scouter

Many thanks, I agree, See you soon

Bill, as president of a group that meets quaterly, I am in agreement with the frequency change. That position is also why I did not step up to help you. I really appreciate all that you and the others do to keep us meeting. I would love to be more involved, but my plate runneth over currently. Merry Christmas to all. See you in January.

Vigil-Scouter

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I nominate Chuck Hutchings for any ole position. He must attend the January meeting or he is automatically accepted and must attend all winter meetings. :devil:

On a serious note.......
Bill and others, I think it would be a good thing to get some input from some of the new turners as to what they would like to see demo wise. Baring any tragety or it being a weekend we have our grandson Linda and I will plan on making this meeting. We can bring some items to do things such as closed end pen demos.
:eek::eek::eek: But.....I....I...I can't do that.... they need me here. But, I'll be thinking about all of you, from Siesta Key :drink::island::biggrin:

IPD_Mrs

On a serious note.......
:eek::eek::eek: But.....I....I...I can't do that.... they need me here. But, I'll be thinking about all of you, from Siesta Key :drink::island::biggrin:

That is just plain cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Be looking up in the sky in Feb. when we fly over North Port on our way to Key West, I'm gonna flush the lavoritory!!!!! :at-wits-end:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader

On a serious note.......

Be looking up in the sky in Feb. when we fly over North Port on our way to Key West, I'm gonna flush the lavoritory!!!!! :at-wits-end:
LOL! Sure, if the weather is nice enough to get out of there:devil::biggrin:
Hope you make it!:wink:

IPD_Mrs

On a serious note.......

I wonder if the Mr. has considered the route of the airplane to Hawaii?? It was COLD in FL last time I went in the winter ... poooorrrrr Chuck ... moved to get away from this ... last year it snowed in FL too ... remember? :devil:

Mrs

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader

On a serious note.......

I wonder if the Mr. has considered the route of the airplane to Hawaii?? It was COLD in FL last time I went in the winter ... poooorrrrr Chuck ... moved to get away from this ... last year it snowed in FL too ... remember? :devil:

Mrs
I think you have the right idea Mrs. With enough funds, THAT would be the move to make :redface: So far, so good. 72 today but, cold 41 last night. More cool air coming next week but, it won't last long. :island::biggrin:

LogsToLumber

Best wishes to the club in the New Year

FYI
We have moved our inventory and shipping location to Franklin TN from Monrovia.

All the same items with 100's more added. We will still maintain the same fair pricing and we are currently offering a 10% discount on all items on our website until 12/12/10. Simply enter the code "EMAIL10" on Checkout

We still have property in Indiana and will try to attend the meetings when we are in state so please keep me informed. You definitley have the foundation for an excellent club.

Top Bottom