What happened ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jbostian

So what are these meetings about? I am new to pen turning and this site. I am just west of Indy and am interested in attending a meeting.

Thanks,
Jamie

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
So what are these meetings about? I am new to pen turning and this site. I am just west of Indy and am interested in attending a meeting.

Thanks,
Jamie
Hi Jamie , at our meetings , we have had demonstrations done by our members , which included casting acrylic blanks , how to do a CA finish , Ken Mayes brought his PenWizard , Dave Washburn did an Aluminum sheet metal inlay pen . The last meeting was pretty much a BS session with Josh two new members , and ME . Josh brought a nice looking Pendant he made . Usually we meet at the Woodcraft store on E. 86th St. in Indy . Dave had us down to his place in Oct. in Bloomfield . That was great !

I think most everybody is either too busy , or too far to drive , or has to work .

jbostian

Hi Jamie , at our meetings , we have had demonstrations done by our members , which included casting acrylic blanks , how to do a CA finish , Ken Mayes brought his PenWizard , Dave Washburn did an Aluminum sheet metal inlay pen . The last meeting was pretty much a BS session with Josh two new members , and ME . Josh brought a nice looking Pendant he made . Usually we meet at the Woodcraft store on E. 86th St. in Indy . Dave had us down to his place in Oct. in Bloomfield . That was great !

I think most everybody is either too busy , or too far to drive , or has to work .

That sounds like a good time. I am still new to pen turning. I have only done a few slimlines so far. I would definitely like to see how others with more experience turn and finish their pens. I am pretty interested in seeing the CA finish done in person. I have never been to the Woodcraft store but I have been in the area. I have been to the Rockler store and I thought the two stores were pretty close. Have you ever seen the pen turning demonstrations at Rockler? I have been thinking about stopping and seeing one. But I think these meetings sound better. I will keep checking back to see when the next meeting happens.

Jamie

rej19

Hey, I am all for another meeting. Didn't make the last one because of uncertainties. Let's get this thing going!

jbostian

Hey, I am all for another meeting. Didn't make the last one because of uncertainties. Let's get this thing going!

Sounds good to me. I have never been to one and am not sure what all needs to be done to set it up. I would assume that you have to get the ok from the Woodcraft store if that is where we would have it. I am sure Chuck would know more about setting up a meeting.
Jamie

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
OK , there are three so far . Josh has been arranging the meetings at Woodcraft , as he knows the manager . So , how about it Josh ? Can you hook us up ? Kenny Mayes is our chapter leader , but haven't seen any replies to my posts since Nov. 5th , but I'm sure he's around here somewhere . Wonder if Bill Bettig would like to attend another meeting ? I've got Bills number . Larry Pierce , Dave Washburn , Coop ? Ron is ready ! We COULD have a good sized group . Let's hear some noise . We have a new member Jamie , who is interested in learning more about turning pens . Hope we can put something together .

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks Josh , I am always flexible . I think either this week or next or after the holidays . Again it depends on Woodcraft . Can you check with them , and give us some options ?

how about after the holidays. I am working every day till christmas, unless the group wants sooner and I will set it up for everyone

rej19

I open to anytime but I think we will get more response after the holidays. The weekends between now and then are pretty busy for most people. If we can get a date set we can contact start to contact everyone. There are quite a few that have been in the past and some new ones also. We would have a great crowd if everyone shows up at the same time!

jbostian

jan 3rd or 10th or if anyone else has a better ideal lets take a pole majortiy rules any objections

The 3rd would probably work better for me. I will have me kids on the 10th. I don't think you would want me to bring a 6 and 4 year old with me to a meeting LOL.

Jamie

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
jan 3rd or 10th or if anyone else has a better ideal lets take a pole majortiy rules any objections
UUHHH , just a question ! It seems like Saturdays were out , because of class scheduling , right ? I'm just thinking about the Colts games being on while we're at meetings . I'm pretty fired up about this season , and I think Ron is too . Sooo , is there any way to do both ? Maybe meet after the game ? Wait , I just looked at the schedule and the last regular season game is on the 3rd . But , when would the play-off games begin ? What ever , I think the 10th would be best , but it really doesn't matter that much to me .

rej19

I can't make the 2nd. We are going out of town for the weekend. But if that works best for everyone I'll make the next one.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I can't make the 2nd. We are going out of town for the weekend. But if that works best for everyone I'll make the next one.
Nope ! I want you to be there . How about we shoot for the 16th ? Jamie , you got your kids that day ? Ron , can you make it ? Dave ? Ken , Larry , Coop ?

I found out that bill will already be at rockler on the 16th doing a demo, Do you want to try to have our meeting there and give it a shot, maybe more people will show up

tbfoto

Hey guys.....can a new guy join your group? I'm from Lafayette but I'm coming to Indy on the 16th for the woodworking show at the fairgrounds that day. I just joined this forum but have been making pens and things for a few years.

Tom

rej19

Are you kidding Tom? We pay people to join our group. Keep watching here and I'm sure something will be firmed up soon. I plan on going to the woodworking show also but I thought it was the next weekend. I will have to check that out. Good to here from you.

tbfoto

Ron...I think you are right about that....sorry about that. It is the 22nd-24th. Boy I would have felt stupid driving to Indy a week early..:eek:

Tom

Rockler has jan 16 th 11 to 1 open and that is is for that day. They said if we would like we could set up a guild day for every month. what does everyone think

Top Bottom