We're looking for a place to meet.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Hey Hoosier Pen Turners,
Are ya all stayin' warm? We thought we would let you know that the next meeting of the Indianapolis Chapter of the International Association of Penturners will be held on September 18th, Saturday, at 10:00AM and will conclude at noon, or there abouts. Let's see, I'm forgetting something. Oh yeah, we don't know where we will meet. That's why we're asking all of you to come up with some suggestions, or offerings, of a place that will accommodate as many as 30 people give or take some. The meeting in Crawfordsville imploded so we're looking for something else. Centrally located is good but driving a few miles would be more than acceptable. If you can come up with a meeting place email Bill billbettag@aol.com, or Kenny klm_kjm@sbcglobal.net and let us know what you found. Our email list is growing so hopefully someone will find us a good spot to gather. Watch for the meeting notice email the week before the meeting and again the week of the meeting. Do a good turn daily.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
We may not have a choice Ernie. If "someone" doesn't come up with some place to meet in September there will be no meeting. It isn't going to work to have one or two people be totally rsponsible for the entire chapter without some contribution from the membership at large. We all need to be members that participate, and that entails a little more than coming to the meetings and puttin a few bucks in the snack fund. We need demonstrators, we need someone to handle the funds and get the snacks and why wouldn't folks want to arrange a place to meet that is closer to them than driving for 2 hours. All I'm saying is this takes the efforts of everyone to keep this, probably the largest chapter IAP has, going and to be all of the fun it can be. It shouldn't be work, it should be fun.
Bill

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I got no problem with that Bill. As I've said before, I don't mind the drive, I like some of you guys:biggrin:. I just hate the drive home, seems like it takes 2 days. Plus when I follow Pepsi he get's me lost, then the cops follow me down the backroads for 30 miles. If you need help with demo's I could be a little help.

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks Ernie. I think we'll take you up on the demo thingy. I will send you an email with ath 3x5 card requests we got and you can get back to me.

jbostian

Sorry Bill I don't really know of a good place where we could all get together. I was wanting to help with the chapter but life has just been a little crazy lately. I have only turned two pens since the May meeting. When/if things settle down for me I would be interested in helping out. Hopefully we can keep the momentum going.

Jamie

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
I understand the busy part. I've discovered that we all have 24 hours to work with but some days there are 25 hours demanded of us. Keep your priorities right and all else will fall in place. God, family fun and then work is the way I did it most days but there were a few where that got messed up. I'm gonna call or visit Woodcraft and see if the manager is interested in having us. I'll post what I find out.
WB

Pepsi

Hey Ernie,

I didn't tell you to turn around and let that cop follow you for 30 miles. Remember you only had to go another 1 1/2 to 70 and you would 've been home free.

Al

Pepsi

You see that Bill he's trying get me to go to KY so he can get me lost in the boonies and have a cop follow me for 30.

Al

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Yea, that's what I get for not taking any maps or GPS. Good thing I had a full tank of gas, as I drove like 90 miles out of my way. Damn trip was only 110 miles going up there and 200 miles going home:eek:. I guess I should of pulled over and asked the cop how to get home:)

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
IT'S A GO! I set it up with Mark Wolfe the manager at Woodcraft for September 26th from 1PM till 3PM but we can run overtime some if we want or need to. I would like to see someone do a demo on segmenting or inlaying but think it should be someone who hasn't done one yet. We can all learn from one another and mistakes are common (just ask the people who attend my Rockler demos how often I screw up) and they are a great way of seeing how to recover when a boo-boo happens. Please don't be shy; step up and take the plunge. I promise you'll have fun doing a demo and it will give you lots of confidence too. I am planning on doing a demo on polymer clay that day by making a golf ball blank since there was so much interest in it on this site. I'll send out a couple of emails prior to the meeting to the 115 folks on the email list so watch for them.
WB
Bill

Top Bottom