Today Initial Report

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rej19

Thanks to everyone who attended and made today another successful meeting. I am not sure of the count but we will get a full report later, I am guessing 40-50 or so. A special thanks to our demonstrators and vendors. We had Gerry Wilhite (Chasper) Production Pen Turning, Jeff Taylor (Jeff-In-Indiana) Casting, Bill Bettag (woodbutcher) Carbide Turning, Drilling on the Lathe and CA finishing. Thanks to Indy-Pen-Dance, Logs to Lumber, Rocklers, and Gerry for bringing their "stores" to us. I saw everything from lathes to displays being sold. Special thanks to Dan Mechuta for getting the facility again and Bill and Dave Hermann for their work today. Looking forward to some photos being posted soon. See everyone in July!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chasper

Thnaks Ron and the rest of the team for putting together another good event. It was first rate in every way, again.

Gerry

76winger

Attachments

• Dsc_0050-reduced.jpg
    Dsc_0050-reduced.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 220

76winger

Dave, some great photos! Thanks for the work!

Thanks, I'm happy they're better than last time, and I took notes on my settings this time, for future reference!

There's lots of photos from the demos this time as I tried to capture the different steps being performed.

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Outstanding job as usual. The clarity and composure are some of the best you've done for us and the effort is appreciated. Your position is NOT up for re-election.
WB

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Well it looks like I missed a good one. I worked till 4 am this morning getting the race car ready to go racing in Florence today. But the weather changed the plans. But i'm heading to Haubstadt Indiana next weekend, so it wasn't a total waste, except for the 6 hours of sleep i got in the last 2 days.

I noticed alot of new faces, and Jeff's demo would of been a good one to see.

76winger

I'll just have to be careful what I bring along with me. Ron Tried to raffle off my box of pens today!!! Hey Ron, if I bring a kid, can we raffle him off next meeting? :biggrin:

IPD_Mr

I don't think we need elections. Those running it now have done an outstanding job and need to be retained. I move for removal of term limits. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Jeff you did a great job and I learned a valuable lesson about hot cars and curing PR. :eek: I sure hope there were no red faces when you got home. :redface:

Ron you are a class act and I would love to see a way for you to continue with what you do. You always seem to put together a fantastic meeting.

Dan you and the congregation are tops in my book. Kind of makes me want to move to Avon, I just could never handle the traffic on 36.

Dave thanks as always for taking the photos. I kow it can take away from your time to visit and totally get engrossed in the demos. Too bad I didn't win the grand prize raffle item. Those were sweet. :cool:

Bill you need to continue in your position as well. You are the driving force in bringing new faces and new turners who love this hobby. Heck you were the one that sent us to IAP all those years ago.

LogsToLumber

Great get together

Saundra and I were happy to get back in state and back in touch with everyone. We certianly were impressed with how the meetings have developed over the years - good job all.

Thanks for inviting us

Vigil-Scouter

Thanks as always

Hey gang, this was another Great! one. I am glad I took a short break from all my CPA crap to be there. It was not a good business decision, but hey, sometimes you have to do a little something for you, right? I thouroghly enjoyed Bill's presentation (as usual). I am just sorry that my work kept calling and I finally had to answer and had to leave at the break. I would really like to have seen the other two demos.

I am thrilled that you planned this one to allow for 3 demos each given 3 times. that really maximizes our ability to say thanks to all the presenters. Of course it would have been nicer if I had stayed for all of them.

Vendors.... Thanks for being there. I do not always financially support each of you, but really appreciate seeing your wares and WILL make it worth your while in the long run.

Leadership team... What can I say? you guys rock. I am sorry to see elections coming, but fully understand. For nearly 2 years now you guys have taken something that was always pretty good, when we had a meeting, and made it "Over the Top" awesome. Thanks for all of that.

Always appreciative, Rusty Helms (Vigil-Scouter)

Wooly

I had a good time!

This was the third meeting for me. Each time I go it fires me up to turn. I really enjoyed the ability to go to each Demo at this meeting. Unfortunately I will miss July's meeting. It will be vacation time and SHMBO needs it! When she is happy......I can buy more toys :biggrin:!

Lynn

Top Bottom