Thanks Everyone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Just wanted to thank Mike from Logs to Lumber, Bill, and Kenny for having a very nice meeting today. Enjoyed seeing everyone and all the wood that Mike has for sale. Also had some great food, but the cooking could of been better:eek:. Chuck (Dalecamino) actually did a wonderful job imitating Dom Deluise!!! All he needs is an apron that says "Kiss the Cook". Everything went well except my drive home which is another story. Here's a few pics I snapped. Kenny can post the rest.

Attachments

• DSC_0039 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0039 (Small).JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 229
  • DSC_0033 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0033 (Small).JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 234
  • DSC_0037 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0037 (Small).JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 226
  • DSC_0035 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0035 (Small).JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 215
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Just wanted to thank Mike from Logs to Lumber, Bill, and Kenny for having a very nice meeting today. Enjoyed seeing everyone and all the wood that Mike has for sale. Also had some great food, but the cooking could of been better:eek:. Chuck (Dalecamino) actually did a wonderful job imitating Dom Deluise!!! All he needs is an apron that says "Kiss the Cook". Everything went well except my drive home which is another story. Here's a few pics I snapped. Kenny can post the rest.
Are those burgers done yet??:crying:Are the Brats about ready??:crying: That's why I would never make it in the food service industry:mad-tongue:Thanks for making the trip Ernie. Always good to see you there.Glad you're gonna stick around the forum too. My thanks to Mike Kelly , Bill and Kenny too. It was great to see Jeff Taylor again and,RonJones as well as the others. Good turn out.

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Here are some more details about waht happened Saturday:
The Indy chapter July meeting on the 10th was a lot of fun and well attended. The meeting started at 10:00AM, we broke up around 2:30PM and we had 26 people show up most of whom stayed for the cookout. Our host, Logs to Lumber www.logstolumberexotics.com in Monrovia, IN owned by Mike Kelly, was super hospitable and Mike used all of his pull to assure we had great weather. The folks who run Logs to Lumber made sure we had ample opportunities to purchase some of the most beautiful blanks, veneer and other materials available anywhere.
Chuck Hutchings cooked the burgers, brats and hot dogs and did it well, even with all of the "coaching" he received; Phil Armstrong handled the funds and procured all the necessary food for the crowd. Mike Kelly and his wife supplied the drinks and the facilities to hold the meeting in a wooded wonderland setting. There were no formal plans for this meeting so everyone just had a chance to enjoy discussing, sharing and asking questions about our craft. We had some beautiful pens for the "show and Tell" time and that always inspires us to go forth and do better. The door prize was won by Tove Hoffmeister, a new member of our clan. Tove and her husband Bill attended their first meeting as did the Chipman family, all four of them. The door prize was a $20 gift card from the Indy Rockler store where we get Guild Points for each purchase made by our members and that converts to the gift cards. We had some freebies to pass around including a bunch of Corian, Diamondwood and blanks from Ernie Borraga who drove all the way from Louisville just to participate.
Next meeting is in September and we will communicate to everyone on the email list the details as they become available. Watch for the pictures that Ken Mayes will post when they have all been sent in to him by those who took photos.
Support your local and distant suppliers so they will be around a long time.

lcasad

I to wish to thank Bill, Kenny, Mike and his lovely wife for a wonderful outing. I has been a great and educational experience getting involved with this fine group of people. I came home with some nice Corian to try (Thanks Ernie) and wonderful burl slices and pen blanks to keep me going for a while. As for the group as a whole it has so much potential and I am looking forward to seeing it become one of the best of its kind in the country. We do have that potential. I'm looking forward to the next one. Until then "Happy Turning"

Top Bottom