Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks to Jeff , Josh and David for coming to the meeting yesterday . I came away with some nice blanks from Josh AND Jeff , and some great information from David on the inlay blanks . I hope I can make one more meeting before I move to Florida . Lack of attendance didn't interfere with some good BS ! Sorry I forgot the list of things we could cover at meetings , but here is the list :
Using the Skew (beginner & advanced)
Captured Ring
CA Finish (many ways to do it )
Inlays
metal Inlays
Celtic Knots
Step by Step Lamination
Segmenting
Aluminum Turning
Carbide Tool ?
Casting with additions ( worthless wood . coffee beans etc.)
Plexiglass Finish ( I have some )
Sharpening tools & Barrel trimmers
Casing Pens

Take some time to look these over , and see what you guys think . David is working on the metal inlay tutorial , and I'm anxious to see the results . Thanks David !

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

djwood1

It was great to put faces to the names finally! Thanks guys for the blanks and pen kits. It was really nice to get together and talk about all kinds of stuff.

Next meeting either the 13th or 27th of Sept at my shop? I'll demo the aluminum segmenting of the pen that will be in the tutorial I am working on and will have done hopefully before then! Need to start a different thread on the next meeting to see how many can make it and are OK with the idea.

I will be happy to have everyone down and this will most likely be Chuck's last meeting before he heads off to Florida! We can also make the meeting a going away party for Chuck. We can have a cookout, spend time in the shop and sit around and talk.

Thanks again and nice to meet you Chuck, Jeff and Josh!

Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks David , sounds like a great idea . I think the 13th will be a better date for ME , but we will have to see what the others say about it . I'm looking forward to seeing your tutorial , and would love to make the trip to your place . Thanks for coming to the meeting , and bringing those nice pens .
It was great to put faces to the names finally! Thanks guys for the blanks and pen kits. It was really nice to get together and talk about all kinds of stuff.

Next meeting either the 13th or 27th of Sept at my shop? I'll demo the aluminum segmenting of the pen that will be in the tutorial I am working on and will have done hopefully before then! Need to start a different thread on the next meeting to see how many can make it and are OK with the idea.

I will be happy to have everyone down and this will most likely be Chuck's last meeting before he heads off to Florida! We can also make the meeting a going away party for Chuck. We can have a cookout, spend time in the shop and sit around and talk.

Thanks again and nice to meet you Chuck, Jeff and Josh!

I enjoyed hanging out with all of you .. and the aluminum was darned impressive ..

9/13 is much better for me .. although there is a family 'event' on that day, I do not know if it will be celebrated then ..

talk to you all later

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Hope you find a way to make it Jeff . Always a pleasure to see you at the meetings .
I enjoyed hanging out with all of you .. and the aluminum was darned impressive ..

9/13 is much better for me .. although there is a family 'event' on that day, I do not know if it will be celebrated then ..

talk to you all later

I had a great time I don't think I will make the next meeting and I hate to miss chucks last one. So If I dont see you again It has been a pleasure knowing you, and thanks for all of the cool blanks and the kits.
Thanks to Jeff for the great blanks and to David for the class in inlays.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I had a great time I don't think I will make the next meeting and I hate to miss chucks last one. So If I dont see you again It has been a pleasure knowing you, and thanks for all of the cool blanks and the kits.
Thanks to Jeff for the great blanks and to David for the class in inlays.
Wish you could make it Josh . Unfortunately for SOME , I'll still be around the forum . :biggrin: And , will will come back to visit now and then . It was great to meet you and the other members as well . I'll be thinking of you all this winter ! :tongue:

Top Bottom