September Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

djwood1

Let's get things rolling for our Sept. meeting!

September 13 at ~12:00 noon at my shop, which is Southwest from Bloomington. I can PM or email directions to those that can make it and I hope a lot of you can! Sound off if you can make this meeting or not.

This will probably be Chuck's last meeting before heading South, so this will also be a going away party. I'll get some burgers and dogs to throw on the grill, chips, tater salad and anything else someone wants to have, just let me know. You will just need to bring your own favorite type of drinks. Eat lunch before you come and we will have the burgers and dogs later in the afternoon.

I'll do a demo on the metal segmenting and if anyone else wants to do a demo, that would be great. Bring wood blanks, pen kits or anything else you want to swap around.

We will need to discuss a new chapter leader and can talk about the list of items Chuck provided for demos/discussions:

Using the Skew (beginner & advanced)
Captured Ring
CA Finish (many ways to do it )
Inlays
metal Inlays
Celtic Knots
Step by Step Lamination
Segmenting
Aluminum Turning
Carbide Tool ?
Casting with additions ( worthless wood . coffee beans etc.)
Plexiglass Finish ( I have some )
Sharpening tools & Barrel trimmers
Casing Pens

If you have any ideas of things you want to do at the meeting just throw the idea out!

I look forward to meeting all that can make it and to a great afternoon of messing around in the shop! Thx

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ken69912001

Hey everybody. I think that I will be able to come to this meeting. Sound good Chuck? What kind of demo would you like to see? i can do a closed end or Celtic knot or both even.
Dave,I will need directions to get to your shop.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
We just got back today from Cape Coral . Went down on the 9th (I think) and found a home . The word is , our offer has been accepted , but will know for sure in a couple of days . depending on how fast the wheels turn down there , I may be around to bug you guys in October too .

Ken ! Always sounds good to know you will be at a meeting . :biggrin: I look forward to seeing you all again .

I hope your offer was not, oops i mean was accepted. Any ways it would be nice to have you around another month.

Top Bottom