November - Time for another Meet??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Hey Woodbutcher and others, I crave the learning, sharing and fellowship of other turners. Isn't it time for another Chapterg meeting? :confused:
Hang in there Rusty. Bill and a couple of others are working on arranging another meeting. Bill will notify you about the details by email. Wish I could be there.

Vigil-Scouter

Chuck, thanks and I guess I know that. I just get a little anxious. I wonder also, if I have told Bill thank you lately. He and all the organizers are doing a great job and I, for one, really appreciate it. I know it is easy to forget to share that.

I am sure Bill will read this soon, so for now ... Bill, THANK YOU for all that you do for our group. see you all soon.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Yo Rusty, I've talked to Bill a bunch. He's looking at a couple dates in December. Not sure when it'll be, but I'm sure he'd appreciate some help. We've talked about some wild and crazy demo's for the upcoming meetings. All suggestions will be accepted. I'll try to make all the meetings I can, it's just tough living 125 miles away. Chuck will be down there in Sunny Florida why we fight the Snow and Ice ;-)

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Yo Rusty, I've talked to Bill a bunch. He's looking at a couple dates in December. Not sure when it'll be, but I'm sure he'd appreciate some help. We've talked about some wild and crazy demo's for the upcoming meetings. All suggestions will be accepted. I'll try to make all the meetings I can, it's just tough living 125 miles away. Chuck will be down there in Sunny Florida why we fight the Snow and Ice ;-)
It would be great if you guys could tape those meetings and send them to me:redface: Wish I could be there. Ya'll have a good time.

Has anybody heard from Kenny Mayes?

EBorraga

In Memoriam
Chuck, last time I talked to Bill, about a week or 2 ago. He was trying to get in touch with Kenny. Haven't heard if he did or not. Also PM your address to me. I got some scraps that got your name on em:biggrin:.

rej19

Chuck, I have exchanged emails with Bill. Hopefully we can get something together soon. Our biggest obstacle as usual is a meeting place than can accomodate a group of our size. A nice problem to have I guess. If anybody in the Indianapols area knows of a place we sure would like to here from you.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I hope you guys can get it worked out. I'll do what I can from down here. It may not be much but, we'll see. You all take care.

medemt

Ron,

I have offered up our church meeting hall to Bill in the past and would be glad to see when it would be available in December.

The group met there when we first formed the chapter. It is very nice, has a kitchen, and all the facilities we would need. It is located in Avon, just outside Indy to the west. Let me know!

Dan

EBorraga

In Memoriam
Dan, Bill made mention of that place. The problem he's running into is getting assistance on the meetings. He could use some help getting everything organized and getting a place to meet at for each meeting. I thought Woodcraft was a good place to meet, but only 8 or 10 people showed up at the last meeting and 3 of them were new to the group.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Ron,

I have offered up our church meeting hall to Bill in the past and would be glad to see when it would be available in December.

The group met there when we first formed the chapter. It is very nice, has a kitchen, and all the facilities we would need. It is located in Avon, just outside Indy to the west. Let me know!

Dan
Glad to see you back into the group Dan. Sorry, I won't be there. The church was a nice facility for a meeting(once it got warmed up):biggrin: Plenty of room and, chairs too:eek:

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Hoosier guys and gals, I want to have a meeting in December as much as anyone but I need some assistance. As far as I am concerned, Kenny has abdicated the president's office by way of inactivity. I'm thinking of sending an email to the entire list (about 125 people) to see if a few folks will step up to help organize and run the chapter so that if someone has to drop off the "organizer" list the whole thing doesn't fall apart. What are your thoughts on that? I've been involved with our church's Ministry to Men program and we figured out how to do this. The biggest requirement is a few people who are passionate about something enough to commit to get it done. If we do this right it won't have to be done again, it will be self sustaining. I'm thinking the church Dan has offered would do fine for the next meeting. I thought of having two or three members bring their casting equipment and materials and doing a dry run of how to cast your own blanks, something I haven't tried yet. Feel free to email me directly at billbettag@aol.com if you want. I check in here every day or two as well. Come on, let's do this.
Bill

DavePowers

If you have it on the 18th I might be back in town and would like to be there for the meeting. The last meeting we had at the church we had a demo on casting and it was very informative.

Thanks
Dave

rej19

Bill, Sounds great to me. I think we have the human resources in our group to get this done. Let's get together and make some plans! I can bring my Wolverine sharpening system and all my tools I have screwed up using it and maybe somebody can fix them. Another pen exchange for those who want to particpate, blank trades, set up a table for anyone to sell there extra stuff, etc. The 18th works for me if the church is available and it works for everyone else. Dan will have to tell us that. Morning are better for most it seems. That allows the rest of the day for the honey do projects.

EBorraga

In Memoriam
I'm cool with the 18th. I can bring my casting stuff as well.Only problem I foresee is the smell of silmar in the church. I definetly agree with Ron on having the pen exchange again. I could also bring some Coke's for people to drink.

Dave if you want to carpool, let me know. I got no problem driving. Just let me know.

On a side note. Don't make it to early. Us Hillbilly's from KY got about a 140 mile trip one-way.

jlame1984

I would be interested in attending a meeting in the Indy area. I am new but eager to learn. If given a specific task I would also be willing to help organize. Just let me know.

rej19

Welcome Jeremy, We should have info about another Indianapolis Area meeting very soon. We have a large group of pen turners in this area. Looking forward to meeting you. I will send you a private message.

Top Bottom