Next meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Hey guy's, just trying to see what yall got planned for the next meeting? Trying to make my mind up if I want to make the drive or not. Just putting a feeler out there.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tbfoto

Hey Ernie...met you last meeting. Stood in back with you. Anyway...It's all been pretty quite here. I know Bill has been in contact with Ken to get something going but....well....I'm sure they will come up with something soon. I hope Ken will chime in and let everyone know. Not sure if I can make it to this one due to work schedule. :crying:

Tom

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
We're gettin it together

I met with Ken and Chuck Hastings this week and the notice of the meeting will go out in a day or two. Ken has offered to demo making a simple closed end pen, something I've not tried yet. We will have goodies and door prizes and, if you can make it, we will be giving everyone the opportunity to tell us what you want to see in demos, videos, discussions and anything else you are looking for in this chapter. We're working hard to get this to where the members want it to be but understand that we're still on the upward part of the learning curve. We really want input from you guys, and gals, so we can put together metings that are worthy of your time and travel. We're also having a blank swap so I hope y'all can come.
Wood Butcher

EBorraga

In Memoriam
Not sure if I'll make it. I just noticed Pole Day for the 500 is the same day. But I'll let you guys know.

ken69912001

meeting

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Hard to believe it's been two months and is time for us to gather again as the Indianapolis Chapter of the IAP (International Association of Penturners).
The next meeting is on May 22nd. The last meeting was well attended with 42 people participating and this one promises to a biggie too. We will again meet at WoodTurningz in Westfield Indiana so go to www.WoodTurningz.com and get directions or Google the location with the address: WoodTurningz, Inc. 17408 Tiller Ct. #300 Westfield, IN 46074. The meeting will begin at 10:00AM and end around noon. Ryan at WoodTurningz has arranged for some of his employees (all of whom are turners) to be on hand to fill any orders you want to place and he wma again have some cool deals for us too. Ryan asked that we phone or email our orders before the meeting so they can get them together in a timely manner. We have some really good door prizes again worth hundreds maybe thousands of dollars from other leading suppliers that you will recognize so come and see if you can win something. Ken Mayes, our President, will be doing a demo of making a simple closed end pen. If you aren't sure what that is go to the IAP site and search for it. This another cool way to set your work apart from the average. If you want, or need, to sit during the meeting please bring a folding chair or the Lazy Boy if you want, so we don't have to rent them. We will have some coffee and other refreshments provided by the club members and procured by Phil Armstrong and Alex Phil's grandson. WARNING, we will be passing an "offering plate" so we can have refreshments for the May meeting, we're thinking $3 each but only if you feel right about it.
Please bring a nice wood, home cast, acrylic or whatever blank for a blank swap. You may bring more than one if you like but to participate in the swap you gotta bring one of your own. Questions; email Ken at klm_kjm@sbcglobal.net or Bill at billbettag@aol.com. We're looking forward to seeing you at the gathering.
Ken Mayes, President
Bill Bettag, Ken's assistant

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Chuck, maybe "Hastings" can be your "stage" name when your out on tour with your new guitar. :cool: :biggrin:

Tom
That would be better than the names I'll be called if anyone hears me try to play this thing :redface:

Sorry bout that Chuck. I must have left the brain in neutral for a bit.
All in fun Bill ! I'm the worst there is with names !:rolleyes:

rej19

I'm not going to be able to make this meeting due to prior commitments. But I sure would like to be there. If you do any planning and need volunteers to help with future activities I'll do what I can. I think that is what we need. Some of the specific duties delegated taking all the load of just a few. I'll be looking for pics. Oh yes, If any unclaimed door prizes are left give me a call :rolleyes:

EBorraga

In Memoriam
I won't be there either. Would love to make it, but the past 2 weeks of nothing but rain has put me behind on some things. Saturday is supposed to be nice and sunny. You guys have a good one.

Top Bottom