Next meeting?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

booney0717

Any word on when and where the next meeting will be. Last year I went along with my wife and neice and we had a great time. I learned a lot and that one meeting made me a better turner. just wandering.
Thanks!
Kevin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Kevin,
There has been no interest, to speak of, in the chapter meetings and management of the chapter. We asked for people to step up and take any one of the three officer positions and the response was, let's say, underwhelming. We're offering to train and assist new officers until they are comfortable with the positions but the current president, treasurer and secretary are ready for a break. We have about 130 members on the email contact list and can't find anyone willing to take the reins so, if no one steps up the chapter will stay in dormancy until someone does. It's fun to have the meetings but it's also a lot of work when the officers are doing all of it. I hope the members who are on IAP see this and will consider working with us to keep this, the largest chapter I'm aware of, in operation.
WB
Bill

wlongdisp

Bill, I have given it a lot of thought. I am willing to help. My problem is that I do not feel I know enough to be able to teach/demo and do not know enough people that do know. I do have the skill set to plan (if I have the knowledge of available resources) and manage. Attending these meetings has helped me a lot with ideas and the "how to". I would like the meetings to continue, and my assistance will help that happen, please let me know.

Last edited:

redneckmedic

I'm all in. I haven't attended a single meeting, nor anyone. However I have sat on several committees and am fairly open scheduled. If needing a capable feller to step up is te only thing you're lacking, consider a position filled. If I need to shake a few hands and pay my dues (time in) I'm good with that too.

rej19

Everyone be patient we have been exchanging lots of emails the last couple of months about our chapters future. We should have some news shortly on our plans. Those of you how that are expressing interest please keep watch here and your email. Hopefully something can be done to keep it going. It has been great. There is certainly no lack of interest. We can fill the place and have done so several times. Were just needing some new faces to step up.

lpierce65

Confused

Bill
I told you several months ago I would volunteer to help President or what ever !! I have heard nothing from you in the last few months, I'm still waiting for the meeting to occur in Indy you were going to call me about. I'm assuming i did not fit your bill of a replacement, for some reason or another, Sorry ! I was talking to the Treasure this weekend at the woodworking show. He has offered to continue to help. I've been a member when there was only about 10 of us meeting at the church.

I'm confused by your post ?

Respectfully

underwhelmed
lpierce65

Mr. Treasure please contact me by PM we will continue our conservation !!

Kevin,
There has been no interest, to speak of, in the chapter meetings and management of the chapter. We asked for people to step up and take any one of the three officer positions and the response was, let's say, underwhelming. We're offering to train and assist new officers until they are comfortable with the positions but the current president, treasurer and secretary are ready for a break. We have about 130 members on the email contact list and can't find anyone willing to take the reins so, if no one steps up the chapter will stay in dormancy until someone does. It's fun to have the meetings but it's also a lot of work when the officers are doing all of it. I hope the members who are on IAP see this and will consider working with us to keep this, the largest chapter I'm aware of, in operation.
WB
Bill

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Larry,
The officers have been discussing what to do next. We will probably have a meeting soon and we will notify all members via email of it asking that anyone interested in holding an office to let us know so we can include that in the discussion. The decision is not mine to make, I'm the secretary not the president. I know Dan has said he would continue in the role of treasurer since he has to be there when we use the building. I apologize for slighting your response, it was not my intention to do that. We need to consider breaking up the duties so that it isn't a load for anyone and can be fun when the jobs are shared. We have been communicating electronically but we need to get together and finalize the date and the program. Hang in there, we'll get this done eventually.
WB
Bill

lpierce65

Thanks for clearing it up.. sharing responsibilities is a good Idea maybe forming some committees to handle some of it..

Let me know whats needed

Larry

rej19

Larry/Bill, I just read your last evening responses. We will be scheduling a meeting soon. Larry, I did PM you also.
Thanks
Ron

Top Bottom