Need some help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dave.H

Hi, new to the forum here and fairly new to turning.

I'm turning somewhere between 10-20 pens out of acrylic that I am going to donate to an auction/raffle in about a month. The raffle is an annual thing our offroad club does at our biggest annual run. I'm wanting to put the club name and/or logo on the acrylic pens. I'm donating the pens to that event for a silent auction or a raffle, haven't decided yet, the money goes to Cystic Fibrosis. I'm already into it the cost of the blanks and the pen kits and I'd like to minimize my out of pocket as much as I can but I also want to give something nice.

Anyone have any recommendations on someone that can help engrave them at minimal cost?

Thanks,
Dave

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

Ken is correct about both. I would think that turn around time would be a little quicker with Constant, due to location relative to Indy. Both have done excellent work and are quick.

jskeen

Here's a question for our Laser using members, Would it be easier to burn a number of identical items if they came to you already fastened into a jig so that they were parallel to each other and at the same height? so that you could just align the jig with the lines on the bed of the laser and then manually move the indicator dot for the head over the center point of a tube, hit center, burn the design, and then move the indicator to the next tube and repeat, or is it easier to set a single jig and just put each tube into the same jig and burn without moving anything? Obviously this method only works if all the tubes are identical.

How can we help you guys work more efficiently?

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Try WoodTurningz in Westfield. I've been pleased with their work, prices and turnaround. Call and ask for Bryan at 873-4485, besides you can save with no shipping too. Suggest you do your own filling to save even more.
Bill

Top Bottom