Meeting date set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ken69912001

We have the facility that Dan has offered the Local Chapter to have our first meeting. Dan will have to post where it is Time has been set for 11:00 on the 22nd of November. It will be in Avon Indiana.
I need a count of how many will definitely show up on that date.Also is there anybody else who might be interested in doing a demo for the group? I am thinking about doing a segmenting demo. I will bring my lathe. Anybody else is welcome to bring theirs too.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ken69912001

Dan has posed a question----
"One question, would it be OK to invite people that are not members of the IAP such as those interested (or posssibly) in turning? I would like to put the invite out to members of the church and some friends I know are looking at getting (or getting back into) turning."

What are everybody's thought on this. Its ok with me. Maybe some of them would like to join the IAP.

rej19

Ken, Sounds good and I plan to be there. I see no problem with guests coming. Hey, I'm going to feel like a guest. I'm sure additional agenda items will be added as the date approaches. I would think that anyone who has items that they would want to sell or trade would be welcome to do that also. Us newbies are trying to build up some sort of inventory to pull from! Looking forward to it.

DATELINE : Nov 16, 18:16

I just took a drive up to Indy to check the location of the first upcoming meeting, and found that the "Rockville road / US 36" exit (13-B) is closed for ?45? days .. so I drove up to the next exit (14-B or 10th Street). Drove through three lights to "Girl School Road" (large school on right), turned LEFT, drove until I got to Rockville Road / US-36, took a RIGHT and followed Dan's very accurate directions.

For the return trip, I suggest reversing the route : LEFT onto Girls_school_road, to 10-th street, back to 465-South/North .. I attempted to use the detour and it is a big_mess and rather convoluted ..

See y'all there this Saturday

Last edited:

rej19

Chasper, Come on! I haven't heard from Ken lately on any details but there are several that said they were coming. You can look at the previous posts for directions. Theres no other info other than what you see here as far as I know. I'm hoping everyone brings some hints and tips for the new guys on the block and were always looking for new material! Hope to see you there.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I was told today that the ramp closings have been reversed , in that the ramp that Jeff found to be closed , is now open and the southbound 465 to 36 west is now closed . It may pay you to check with DOT or State police . Otherwise just take the 10th street exit and follow Jeffs directions . You'll get there . See you then .

Top Bottom