THAT was a lot of fun !

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Thanks Kenny / Dan / Karen for organizing the event .. I enjoyed meeting and chatting face-to-face with everyone ..

Any chance we could make a little gallery of who-was-who so we can all keep names/faces coordinated ??

For anyone interested, those blanks did get quite hot on the way home and forced me to drive with the window cracked all the way to Martinsville (Phew-wee! resin-gas) haha ..

I will make an attempt at turning one sometime soon to show before and after ..

See y'all next time!
--jeff

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rej19

Ditto's everything Jeff said. Thanks Ken for the snacks also. It was nice to put faces with names. I got lot's of good info to try and am looking forward to seeing what I can do with it. With Kens demo of the CA method maybe I can improve or make mine more consistent. Jeff thanks for the casting demo. You certainly took some of the concerns I had about trying it. My only issue is the temperature but I think I can work something out with the better half in using part of the laundry room......maybe! I can't wait to make the Kallenshann Christmas Tree blank. That was very kind of them to do that! I'm already looking forward to the next meeting.

here are the pics I took. I had a good time wish I could have stayed longer. Thanks to everyone.

Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
My thanks to everyone for a great event too . I enjoyed the demos and seeing all the pens displayed . Some had really nice blanks also . Ron had a small treasure box . Thanks to Kenny for the free blanks and the Laser cut blanks from Kallenshan . I'm looking forward to putting that together .

It was great to meet everyone there . And a special thanks to Dan for arranging a meeting place . Hope he gets his shop together soon , and gets his lathe out of the box .

bluzcat

Another round of thanks to all those involved. I had a great time and enjoyed meeting other penturners. I'm looking forward to the next time. I would love to host a future meeting at my shop (Jeff, I have a room that I think would be perfect for casting). The talent and creativity present at the get together was over the top. Tomorrow will be a busy day in the shop:biggrin:.

lpierce65

I agree with the Gallery, Gladf you did not get overcome with fumes.. If the drug Dealers can have a Rolling Meth Lab maybe we can have a rolling PR Cure lab. <G>

Larry

ken69912001

I am glad everyone enjoyed themselves. I know I did. Jeff's demo was very interesting. Hope those fumes didnt make his brain freeze up on the way home. LOL Larry as a former sheriff should you be talking like that.

lpierce65

I was thinking what would have happened if Jeff got stopped by one of these young hot dogs Police Officer especially around Martinsville ( I used to work there) when he got a whiff of the PR in Jeff's car when her rolled down the window. Might have made an interesting day for Jeff. LOL

DavePowers

I want to thank everyone for all the information I was able to pickup. Had a good time and looking forward to the next meeting.

Dave

For anyone interested, those blanks did get quite hot on the way home and forced me to drive with the window cracked all the way to Martinsville (Phew-wee! resin-gas) haha ..

I will make an attempt at turning one sometime soon to show before and after ..

See y'all next time!
--jeff

I finally got around to cutting the block made at the first meeting ..
I would consider it a "happy accident" ... It is on-the-list of blanks to eventually turn.

ocean-ice.jpg

thanks for looking ..

Top Bottom