A little more meeting Information

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rej19

OK, is everyone ready for another meeting of the Indianapolis area IAP Pen Turners? At our last meeting in January we took a poll and it was decided to have our meetings once a quarter. So our next meeting is planned for April 9th at 10:00 am. The meeting will be at the same location as the last one the Avon Parkside Church of the Nazarene located at 47 North C.R. 625 East in Avon, IN. Thanks to Dan Mechuta we have an excellent place to meet. Just like last meeting we plan to have snacks available, demos for the beginning turner and the more advanced. More info will be shared as we firm up the agenda. We will have another group of nice door prizes. There will be time for sharing ideas and showing off your latest pens. We will have tables set up for you to display your pens and tables for items you may want to sell or trade. Another thing we would like to try this time is a pen swap. The way this will work is that everyone should bring a completed pen or a pen kit with a blank. We will draw numbers and you will select a pen or pen kit from those that have been brought. Should be lots of fun! Our meetings have always been well attended and worth the time for you attend. Mark your calendars and don't forget! We would like for everyone to bring $3.00 to cover the cost of the food etc. Any money left over will be saved for future meetings and possible contest prizes.
We are always looking for people to help with demo's. If you have anything you would like to demo please send us an email and we can discuss how we can get it scheduled at one of our future meetings. The more everyone participates the more interesting our meetings will be.
We also have tentatively set our future meeting dates. They are July 23rd (Cookout) and* November 12th. Mark those dates also!
We plan to make the meetings as interesting as possible for all those who attend.* Please plan to attend and bring a family member or friend.
Ron Jones
Bill Bettag
Dan Mechuta

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

What kind of time frame are we looking at for this meeting?

The reason that I ask will effect length and detail of demos. With July being our cook-out, I figure that more time would be spent on fellowship rather than demos and learning. I may be wrong (imagine that :eek:) but it just makes logical sense. There are some things that can be gone into with great detail that will lead to even more advanced turning demos in the future.

Lets not forget a tarp for the floor this time too! :biggrin:

I am NOT a bowl turner by any means, but thought of an idea for a thank you to the church for allowing us the use of their wonderful facilities. It would be rather neat to present them with some collection plates made by some of the turners. We could take a collection for the wood and maybe get a couple of volunteers for turning them.

Also if there is anything you need from us product wise, please take a moment with a PM so that we can have enough product there as well as speed things up so people do not have to wait as long as last time. We will have a larger supply of brass ager this time. :redface:

rej19

Linda, not real sure what your asking regarding the time. We plan to start at 10:00am. We can go as long as people want to hang around. If your asking about demo lengths I think for the demo for turning between centers I would take 30-40 minutes. How does that sound? Mike can as much time as needed and be rushed. Thanks for helping us out!

rej19

I also agree about the gift for the church. I am just not the one to do it. Never turned anything that big. If we don't get a volunteer before the meeting we can discuss that or something else at the meeting!

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I don't turn anything huge because my lathe isn't capable of it. But I've turned quite a few bowls on it . What if people feeling willing could bring a bowl or two that they turn for the church. Might be a little something?????

rej19

Ernie, that is what Linda had suggested and its a good one if we got any bowl turners. How bout it Indianapolis anybody turn bowls that may want to turn one and donate it to the church for use of the facility. Or how about another way out idea of a pen for the pastor or front desk??? Just a thought.

76winger

Would this work?

I haven't made too many bowls yet, but I have made a few and have a couple on hand.

This is my very first bowl and I'd be happy to donate it. What do you think?

rej19

Dave, that would great. Are you sure you want to give up your first bowl? That is nice. We get out a thank you card with it and I'm sure they can put it use somewhere.

Thanks

76winger

No problems with it being my first Ron (although I DID keep, and still use, my first pen). I made it heavy enough on the sides to be a good "user" bowl and would be pleased to see it put to good use.

pensbybruce

indy meeting

I'm new to this forum and did not know of a club for penturners in Indy. Is the meeting still to go this Saturday at 10 AM? Typically how late does the meeting go?

rej19

Bruce, yes the meeting is definetly on. It would be great to have you there. Lot's of great information is shared and you meet some great people also. I have always found them well worth the time and effort. I'm sure you have read the previous posts regarding the time, place and agenda.

EBorraga

In Memoriam
Can't hardly wait. I've been putting in some serious hours at work and will enjoy getting together with everyone. Although I gotta get busy on my pen swap pen.

EBorraga

In Memoriam
My rooting interest is like this:

1st- The Ville
2nd- Anyone playing KY
3rd- Any Big East Team
4th- ONCE AGAIN ANYONE THAT PLAYS KY:biggrin:

IPD_Mr

If anyone wants anything specific brought to the meeting, please let us know in a PM. We will have Lucite, E-Z Bond glues, brass ager, refills and of course wood pen pros. We are not planning on bringing any wood so you will need to let us know if you want anything in that area. With a little luck, we might have some new segmenting material to debut.

76winger

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again. I'm still new enough to the group that I don't know too many yet, so it's great to meet up and get to know more of you.

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Dave, be sure to bring your camera so we can have a record of the happenings. I think this will be a fun, busy meeting. Come one come all.
WB

rej19

Last Minute Reminder

Hey everyone tomorrow is our next meeting. Should be a good one. Demos, goods to buy, trade, sell, etc. Bring your pen or pen kit and blank if you want to participate in the pen swap. Don't forget to bring a shop idea, tip or trick to share. We have door prizes!!! Rocklers Indianapolis has give Bill Betagg a nice donation of items plus with have some Kallenshan Woods kits to give away. Should be a great meeting.
Check previous messages for location and more details.
Bring a friend and we will see you tomorrow!

rej19

EBorraga

In Memoriam
I'm gonna try and find some stuff out of the secret stash to giveaway. I also got one sweet pen for the trade:biggrin:.

Top Bottom