Lets have another meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ken69912001

Ok its now the new year and time to plan an upcoming meeting. Who would like to step up and offer us a place to meet. I know that everybody really enjoyed the last one.
For this one maybe we can get some refreshments organized to have.

rej19

Ken, I am ready! I'll meet where ever it works out best for everyone. I guess once we see how many are coming we can determine how we want to do refreshments. Looking forward to it.

I am ready for another meeting and I can stay through out the whole meeting. how do you get the iap logo as your signature. I have been trying and i up load the pic and does not recognize it when I post.

medemt

I would be willing to get the same hall as last time and I will make sure we have heat this time. By the way, I have been communicating with Johnny CNC (bought some of his product - they were excellent by the way) and he mentioned he might be interested in attending a meeting. Maybe he could do a presentation on center turning.

Dan

lpierce65

COOL ! maybe we can get the guys at Woodturningz, and the Woodcraft store in Indy to donate or show up..

I would be willing to get the same hall as last time and I will make sure we have heat this time. By the way, I have been communicating with Johnny CNC (bought some of his product - they were excellent by the way) and he mentioned he might be interested in attending a meeting. Maybe he could do a presentation on center turning.

Dan

i am pretty sure that woodcraft will not donate anything. Mark said it would not be fair to anyone else that was not in the club. but we can try.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
maybe we can work on a chapter collaboration at our next meeting. Is anyone else interested in this? http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=41287

I was looking at that and wondering how it would work out . Would be something to discuss at the meeting .

Anyone heard from Ken ? The guy who started this thread about another meeting . I sent him a PM after his posting , and no answer yet . Hope he's OK .

Dan I guess it's up to you to get us a date . The hall was a nice place and everyone knows where it is , except for Scojo . I talked to Mike Kennedy MLKwoodworking , a couple of weeks ago , and he and Linda were both sick at the time of the last meeting , and were unable to come . I really would like for them to come to this one . If we can get a date set , I will make sure they are notified .

ken69912001

I am up to getting this going. The only weekend i cant do it is the weekend of the woodworking show in Indy. Committed to the IWCS booth on Friday then helping to show people how to turns pens for Craft Supply the rest of the weekend.
We can see what we need to do to enter the collaboration contest. Oh yea I will have a sheet put together on how to do my CA finish.

bluzcat

Count me in for the next meeting. I was hoping to be able to offer up my shop as a location the the next meeting, but it's a disaster right now. My day job is taking up waaaay too much time and I haven't had a chance to get it ready. Maybe closer to spring. Ken mentioned that the last weekend is out due to the Woodworking Show. I'm planning on attending on Saturday. Is anyone else going? Maybe we can plan a little mini-get-together at the show. I'll start another thread to gauge interest.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
OK ! Who's on first ? He's on second ! What date can we have a meeting ? Dan says it can be at the same place as last time , with HEAT !! :biggrin: Would love to see COZEE there .

Someone set a DATE , Please !

medemt

Ok Guys,

It looks like 1/30 is out due to wood show. The next date I can get the hall is February 14. I went ahead and reserved it for that date. I know that is Valentines day so if this is a problem, everyone speak up. You can bring your valentine to the meeting.

Let me know.

Dan

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
OK , we're discussing another meeting on seperate threads , that's fine . Dan has reserved the hall for the 14th . I will be in Florida !!! So , unless we make it another date , I will see you all at the next one . I still will be at the show .

Can we somehow respond to Dario's request ?

rej19

Chuck, Maybe we can make the meeting place in Florida. After 10 below today I'll leave right now!
I'm not sure a definite time has been set yet....has there?

cozee

Depending on the time I should be able to make the 14th. I may be at the Indy show also but won't know if I can go until the morning I drive over.

medemt

OK - I am a bit confused. I am reading posts about meeting dates on different threads. If everyone wants the 7th, we will have to find another place other than my church unless we want to use a smaller room in the building (or multiple rooms).

If it is the 14th, I can get the large hall. I just need to know so I can make the arrangements.

I am good for either method.

Dan

rej19

Ken, I would prefer a earlier start since it is Valentines day. But I will work something out one way or the other. I may just have to cut out early if we start at 1:00. A 9:00 am start would be great if that is not a hardship on anyone. I'm flexible.....

Top Bottom