July meeting ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Father's Day on the 21-st impacts that Sunday,
so, is anyone up for a Sunday July meeting ??

iapjuly09.jpg

(pic of July calendar)

The Fifth might be difficult due
to the Holiday weekend,
but maybe one of the other weekends.
Chime in!

rej19

Jeff, I agree with you on the dates that are busy. Other than that I'm in. Seems like were struggling to keep the interest going. Agree?

Jeff, I agree with you on the dates that are busy. Other than that I'm in. Seems like were struggling to keep the interest going. Agree?
Howdy Ron,
I am interested in meeting every couple of months or so .. and enjoy hanging out (in person) with y'all .. always fun to shoot the bull .. see what others are making .. see a little demo .. just hang out ..

I have tried to enjoy all of these same pen-related activities with my wife, but she just gets this bored look in her eye when I start talking about how cool-looking the grain is, and how gnarly the wormholes are, of this log I just slabbed ... go figure! :curse:

low_48

I'd like to come over for the July meeting myself. I spent so much time selling at the MPG, I didn't get much time to visit. Of course, I'll probably bring a few blanks to sell to help pay for the gas. LOL I'm coming in the Civic instead of the Astro van for sure. Could I help with a demo? Always glad to talk about turning.
Rich

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Jeff - Pick a date , I'm in !

Josh - Call 'em up , I didn't get very far with them last month .

Rich - Would love to have you there .

Ron - I agree !

ken69912001

Anytime sounds great to me. Thanks for seeing about Woodcraft Josh.
Rich, Good to hear that you might come. What kind of demo would you be interested in doing?
I will try and bring my lathe this time. Still planning on doing a closed end demo.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
The 12th is OK with me , but I really like for Ken to be at our meetings . Is there any possibility of a different date ? I know we have to take what's available , and Woodcraft is a nice place for a meeting . Can you check that out Josh ? What are everyone elses thoughts ?

I do not have the ok from mark yet but it look like we can change it to the 19th of july. They guy I talked to said it was open but mark will not be in till mon. so i left a message that we would like to change it.

djwood1

I'll try and make it.

Since this is my first meeting........
Do I need to bring anything? What happens at the meetings?

rej19

David, It is very informal. We pretty much just share ideas, tips etc. If you have some pens you want to show off bring those. If you have things to sell or trade you can bring that also. If you have something you want to demo for sure bring that! Look forward to meeting you.

P.S. guests are welcome!

Ron

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Hi David , Jeff has done a demo on casting , Kenny has done a demo using a pen wizard , and I believe he is planning a demo on segmenting ,this week , but not confirmed . I will be bringing some free kits and blanks to pass around . Hope you can make it . I will be there ! :biggrin:
I'll try and make it.

Since this is my first meeting........
Do I need to bring anything? What happens at the meetings?

Woodcraft booked class at 1pm so the meeting time is at 10am. If no one wants to meet at this time let me know and we will make it another day, I just found this out 10 min. ago.

lpierce65

I understand woodcraft needing to conduct business, is this not the second time its been a last minute problem. going back to the thread someone said it was a go for that day then they schedule a class. Did we lose the meeting place in Avon at the Church. I understand Sunday would be out there also.. I'm for finding another place .. that's more flexible to us..

djwood1

Just an idea, what about different members hosting at their shops? I would be willing to host, but I'm located 2 hours South of Indy!

The first time was my falt, Mark wanted me to call him and I was working 12 hour shifts and forgot. This time it is their falt, but mark said he would make it up to us. I am all for having it at different places.

Top Bottom