July chapter meeting.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ken69912001

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Comic Sans MS, sans-serif]We're having a cookout! [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, sans-serif]If you missed the May meeting you might not know that the Indiana Chapter of International Association of Penturners will be meeting July 10th at Logs to Lumber in the Martinsville/Monrovia area. The exact address is: 3585 Middle Patton Park Road – Martinsville, IN and Google Maps will get you there if you search here: [/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS, sans-serif]http://maps.google.com[/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS, sans-serif] by copying and pasting the address. If you get lost in the beauty of the surroundings, call Bill Bettag at 317-696-4066 and we'll send out a search party. Seriously, it is a beautiful area and we will begin our meeting at 10:00AM at the power tool part of Logs to Lumber to see where those beautiful pen blanks come from that Mike Kelly sells. For the cookout we will proceed to Mike's home just south of Monrovia about 10 minutes north of the shop, we'll play follow the leader for that part. Mike has offered to give us discounts on his wares and he has some of the nicest blanks, turning stock and veneers you will find. At the May meeting we asked that anyone wanting to participate in the cookout contribute $5 per person to the costs we will incur. If you haven't done that it's not a problem. You can pay the $5 at the cookout but WE NEED TO KNOW YOU ARE COMING BY JULY 7TH. If you plan on attending please email Bill Bettag at [/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS, sans-serif]billbettag@aol.com[/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS, sans-serif] and we will use that info to purchase the brats/burgers and goodies to go with them. We also need maybe three (3) GRILLS, GAS OR CHARCOAL, AND SOME GUYS TO FIRE 'EM UP. Here's your chance to show off your other skills besides pen making. Let Bill know if you are willing to bring a grill so we can complete the planning. There will be no formal demos or presentations just a lot of info sharing and plenty of show and tell so bring a pretty one or two or three that you've made with you. [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, sans-serif]IT WOULD BE GOOD IF YOUALL WOULD CAR POOL. There is limited parking at the shop so group up, bring a friend and plan on a longer than usual meeting. Questions; email Kenny klm_kjm@sbcglobal.net or Bill [/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS, sans-serif]billbettag@aol.com[/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS, sans-serif]. See you on the 10th.[/FONT]

[/FONT]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LogsToLumber

Refreshments are on Logs To Lumber

We will be providing cold drinks for the barbecue - soft only (sorry).

Look forward to seeing some of you again and meeting the others.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Guys I'm going to attempt to make this one. Won't know till next week. Also are you guys on Eastern or Central time zone?

EBorraga

In Memoriam
Alright I should be there. May have a hitchiker too. I don't mind the drive, it's just the drive home that sucks. Especially after filling your stomach full of food. Probably gonna get on the road around 7:00 a.m. I'm also gonna bring some goodies with me.:)

On a side note, I'm gonna rack your brain Kenny. Still got some unanswered questions hopefully you can help me with.

jbostian

I hope you guys have a great time tomorrow. I wasn't able to find a babysitter so I won't be able to make it this time.

Jamie

EBorraga

In Memoriam
Kenny, Chuck, and Mike see ya guys soon. Taking off now and stopping for breakfast in Columbus.

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Here are some details of the day's events:
The Indy chapter July meeting on the 10th was a lot of fun and well attended. The meeting started at 10:00AM, we broke up around 2:30PM and we had 26 people show up most of whom stayed for the cookout. Our host, Logs to Lumber www.logstolumberexotics.com in Monrovia, IN owned by Mike Kelly, was super hospitable and Mike used all of his pull to assure we had great weather. The folks who run Logs to Lumber made sure we had ample opportunities to purchase some of the most beautiful blanks, veneer and other materials available anywhere.
Chuck Hutchings cooked the burgers, brats and hot dogs and did it well, even with all of the "coaching" he received; Phil Armstrong handled the funds and procured all the necessary food for the crowd. Mike Kelly and his wife supplied the drinks and the facilities to hold the meeting in a wooded wonderland setting. There were no formal plans for this meeting so everyone just had a chance to enjoy discussing, sharing and asking questions about our craft. We had some beautiful pens for the "show and Tell" time and that always inspires us to go forth and do better. The door prize was won by Tove Hoffmeister, a new member of our clan. Tove and her husband Bill attended their first meeting as did the Chipman family, all four of them. The door prize was a $20 gift card from the Indy Rockler store where we get Guild Points for each purchase made by our members and that converts to the gift cards. We had some freebies to pass around including a bunch of Corian, Diamondwood and blanks from Ernie Borraga who drove all the way from Louisville just to participate.
Next meeting is in September and we will communicate to everyone on the email list the details as they become available. Watch for the pictures that Ken Mayes will post when they have all been sent in to him by those who took photos.
Support your local and distant suppliers so they will be around a long time.

Top Bottom