Indy Chapter Meeting Details

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rej19

OK fellow Indy Chapter pen turners it is time for our next meeting. As discussed in our last meeting we are planning a wiener roast/cookout in conjunction with our meeting. The plan is to start the meeting at 11:00am on July 30th at the same location in Avon. Address is below. We plan on having a demo or two and an open forum to discuss a couple of topics. One of the topics is "Where and how do you sell or market your pens" and "Shop tricks and tips for the pen maker". It should be a fun and informative meeting. We have enough funds to furnish the hot dogs and buns but we will ask those attending to bring your own drinks (no alcoholic beverages please), maybe a bag of chips and a desert or anything else you may want to share. For those who have not yet made it to a meeting or it's been a while you will find it is worth the trip. It's a great place to learn more about the hobby of pen making and to meet new friends. The church facility is a great place for our meetings and the meeting will go no matter what the weather. Mark your calendars and bring a friend, your spouse or other family member.

We will have door prizes available. We've had some great ones in the past.

Due to preparations that need to me made we need everyone to rsvp if at all possible. You can respond to one of the following:

rjones9602@comcast.net or
billbettag@aol.com
You can also respond here. We will be checking here often.

Date: July 30th, 2011
Time: 11:00AM till ??? Cookout at 12:00 Noon
Location: Avon Parkside Church of the Nazarene located at 47 North C.R. 625 East in Avon, IN.

See ya soon!
rej19
Ron Jones

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mr

I got some Monopoly cash Chuck. :biggrin: You would have loved it up here today. Heat index was 103 at 8pm. No breeze only stagnant air.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Ron you guys know i'll be there, considering i'm doing one of the demo's. I'm also going to bring some drinks. I'll save the Corona's for the ride home:eek:. I'm sure glad we decided to do this indoors with the recent HEAT WAVE!!!

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam
Sounds great Ron! Just send me some gas money:biggrin: Hope you all have another good one. Take care friends!

Chuck, you might want to come back home to cool off until winter down there. Something to think about! Take care!
Randy

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Sounds great Ron! Just send me some gas money:biggrin: Hope you all have another good one. Take care friends!

Chuck, you might want to come back home to cool off until winter down there. Something to think about! Take care!
Randy
Randy, believe me, I've been thinking about it. Hope we can get back to visit in October. Thanks!

76winger

I'm planning to attend and bring the camera along again. Hopefully with a better color balance setting so I'll have less post-processing. Lets see, what was that set to last time...:rolleyes:

See you all soon!

pensbybruce

after attending my first meeting this year I will for sure be coming. It was very informative and I learned more than I had learned from reading books. The door prizes where great. Is there going to be a pen exchange again?

rej19

Bruce, we do not have a pen exchange planned for this meeting. May have another one in the fall. We certainly have a great group of people to learn from. See you in a couple of weeks!

rej19

We have added a Pen Exchange. If you want to participate just bring a completed pen or a pen kit w/blank. We will put them in bags and it will be a grab style exchange. It was a success last meeting and should be again this time. See you in a couple of weeks.

EBorraga

In Memoriam
We may have a new long distance roadie riding up with me. I'll let you know as soon as I find out. I'm also gonna call John on thursday to see if he can make it. I know how much he likes riding in the Batmobile!!!
I will also bring a pen. I have one made and ready to make the long journey.

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam
We may have a new long distance roadie riding up with me. I'll let you know as soon as I find out. I'm also gonna call John on thursday to see if he can make it. I know how much he likes riding in the Batmobile!!!
I will also bring a pen. I have one made and ready to make the long journey.

See you there Ernie. Haven't heard from John since he got back from vacation! We still going by his shop sometime? See you in Indy!
Randy

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
As of 11:00PM July 20th we have 36 confirmed attendees. We better get plenty of wieners and buns boys. If any of you haven't RSVPd, get it done so we can make proper arrangements. For those who have responded and are coming, we are all looking forward to seeing you. Several folks have emailed Wood Butcher or rej19 saying they wish they could make this one but will be otherwise occupied (work, the curse of the middle class) and we'll miss your smiling faces. It's gonna be a hoot so bring a pen to swap, or a kit and blank, and a big smile.
Wood Butcher
Bill
Please pray for Mark Bradley's sister who is battling cancer, he will be in South Carolina to support her. Thanks

IPD_Mr

For those who have asked, Linda and I will be there will a full load. We have a shipment of Lucite, CA Glues and M3 blanks due in this week. We will also bring along the true stone so that you can pick and choose your blanks. We have Wood Chucks and Uni-Tools as well as extra inserts. We will also have our inks, nibs and refills.

I have not heard from Johnny, but sure hope he can make it.

EBorraga

In Memoriam
Johnny can't get away from work. I'll be there, although I gotta fix the caddy tonight. Dang AC went out of the beast.

Top Bottom