INDY chapter meeting April 16th

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Indy Pen Turners

The next meeting of the Indy Chapter of the International Association of Penturners will be held on Saturday April 16th at the : Avon Parkside Church of the Nazarene located at 47 North C.R. 625 East in Avon, IN. The intersection for this is US Highway 36 and C.R. 625 E. (there is a stop light at the intersection) It is on the Northeast corner of the intersection. Turn right and then right again as soon as possible, the church sits back a hundred yards or so.
The meeting will begin at 10am and usually lasts two to three hours. Everyone is welcome so bring your spouse or a friend if you want to. Light refreshments will be available including coffee and pastries. The chapter asks for a donation of $3.00 to cover the cost of these things.

• Mike Hirsch (Indiana_Parrothead on IAP) will be doing a Watch Part pen blank demo, sometimes referred to as a Steam punk design.
• Bill Bettag (Wood Butcher on IAP)will do a presentation of how to apply decals to your finished pens.
• Rusty Helms (Vigil-Scouter on IAP) will present on Making a business out of woodworking - tips, tricks and hidden pitfalls.
• Leave One, Take One; there will be a Pen Swap table and all who bring a pen for swap will be able to participate in this.
• We will have door prize drawings of offerings supplied by our favorite vendors.
• We will have a Show and Tell table where those who participate can show a pen or other item they have turned, and explain all about it.
• We will set up a table where people can leave things they are giving away to the membership, not things for sale.
• Announcements will be made about a next meeting and any other news we need to share.

We hope to see you all at the meeting, there will be fun but we need you to be part of it to make it complete.

For the LeaderTeam

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Glad to hear that Mike, and for what it's worth stonepecker, everyone from anywhere is welcome at the meeting....even out of state to the south if Indiana and driving a Cadillac folks are welcome.
WB

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Glad to hear that Mike, and for what it's worth stonepecker, everyone from anywhere is welcome at the meeting....even out of state to the south if Indiana and driving a Cadillac folks are welcome.
WB

No more Caddy for me Bill!! It went to the big scrap yard in the sky. I think they made 10 Toyota's out of it :eek: I know have the Blue Bullet. It's a 2004 Subaru WRX Wagon. I've made quite a few trips to the Chaotic Construction Covered City of Indy.

I told Chuck I would bring some Krispy Kreme Donuts with me for everybody. Just shoot me a pm with how many dozen's we will need.

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
The meeting is still on and something has been added

The IAP pen collection with 41 unbelievable creations will be at the meeting. In order to see what you can aspire to in the craft you will have to attend the meeting described below. We hope you can make it.

Indy Pen Turners

The next meeting of the Indy Chapter of the International Association of Penturners will be held on Saturday April 16th at the : Avon Parkside Church of the Nazarene located at 47 North C.R. 625 East in Avon, IN. The intersection for this is US Highway 36 and C.R. 625 E. (there is a stop light at the intersection) It is on the Northeast corner of the intersection. Turn right and then right again as soon as possible, the church sits back a hundred yards or so.

The meeting will begin at 10am and usually lasts two to three hours. Everyone is welcome so bring your spouse or a friend if you want to. Light refreshments will be available including coffee and pastries. The chapter asks for a donation of $3.00 to cover the cost of these things.

· Mike Hirsch (Indiana_Parrothead on IAP) will be doing a Watch Part pen blank demo, sometimes referred to as a Steam punk design.

· Bill Bettag (Wood Butcher on IAP)will do a presentation of how to apply decals to your finished pens.

· Rusty Helms (Vigil-Scouter on IAP) will present on Making a business out of woodworking - tips, tricks and hidden pitfalls.

· Leave One, Take One; there will be a Pen Swap table and all who bring a pen for swap will be able to participate in this.

· We will have door prize drawings of offerings supplied by our favorite vendors.

· We will have a Show and Tell table where those who participate can show a pen or other item they have turned, and explain all about it.

· We will set up a table where people can leave things they are giving away to the membership, not things for sale.

· Announcements will be made about a next meeting and any other news we need to share.

We hope to see you all at the meeting, there will be fun but we need you to be part of it to make it complete.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
If any of you guys are up, from 6-8 am there is a wonderful radio show on public radio. It's called American Roots. It's mainly about early 20's-30's Jazz from New Orleans and they do alot on Bluegrass music, but it is a great radio show. I can listen to it almost all the way to Indy. If you're near Louisville, it's on 91.9 fm.

WoodLM

sounds like we are going to have some really nice weather this weekend!! now if my new lathe would get here, so i an actually make some more pens!! :eek::eek::eek:

76winger

Now that we're after the fact, it was a great meeting as usual. Kudos to everyone who worked to hard to bring it all together!

I'll be sorting through the photos I took and posting them in the next day or so. So stay tuned for a note on where to find them!

Top Bottom