Indianapolis Meeting January 28th Update

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rej19

Happy New Year Penmakers!
This is the first of two final notices of the upcoming meeting of the Indianapolis chapter of the International Penturners Association.
The meeting will be held on January 28th from 10AM till noonish at the Avon Parkside Church of the Nazarene located at 47 North C.R. 625 East in Avon, IN. We suggest you put the date on your calendar and, if possible, plan on attending. We've been having very good attendance and have planned some new stuff at this meeting.
Ernie Borraga will be holding a demo on segmenting as has been requested by several members. Our president, Ron Jones, will be interviewing one of our more "famous" members about how his hobby craft has been growing since some coverage by the Columbus, IN newspaper. Bill, aka Wood Butcher, will hold a demo/Q&A for beginning penmakers. If you are just getting into penmaking or have questions, problems, or just want to review your practices this will be the place to get some of that help. We have refreshments, door prizes, the usual pen swap, and show and tell so bring your best work, There will probably be some freebies from those members who like to share their wealth. Don't miss out on the fun and bring a friend.
The Indy Chapter leadership team

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
All I know, is the segmenting demo is going to be completly crazy. My segmenting isn't great, but i'm gonna try and talk Randy into helping me out with it:biggrin:. My segmenting is very basic, considering all the new stuff i've seen lately on the site.

IPD_Mr

Ernie - I don't think that the idea is for you to teach them to do segmenting like Eagle did with the "Rugged Cross" but rather to give them the fundamentals so that they can create and design their own ideas. Tutorials are great if you do not have any idea on how to do something but they also, for the most part, restrict the creative juices. Besides the idea is to have fun. I think you should try this after seven or eight shots. :biggrin::tongue::biggrin:

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Mike, my co-pilots may fear death on the ride home after 7 or 8 shots:biggrin:. Heck I even think they have that fear on the drive up, stone cold sober:eek:. But I agree with the basic fundamentals, and besides i have you and Randy to help out!!!!

Top Bottom