Indianapolis Meeting - Important Notice

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rej19

To all of our Central Indiana chapter members we have a meeting planned. Final details are in the works. This meeting will be different from anything we have done in the past. July is turning out to be a very busy month for everyone involved in the planning so next meeting will not happen til August. I just want to give everyone a heads up that we have not forgotten!!! Stay tuned for details to be released in the next week or so. Stay cool!!!:biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GaryMGg

Hi folks,

Bill informed me the August meeting has a very special purpose and he and Ron are working hard to create a most memorable event.
Please make time to volunteer to help support this meeting; it'll provide you with a personal satisfaction you'll never forget.
Remember, if you think you're too busy to volunteer, you're probably the right person for the job! :wink:

Thank you
Gary

rej19

To add to what Gary said above and to explain further what is planned below is the email that was sent to everyone on our Indy Chapter email list. If you did not receive it please let me or Bill know. Volunteers are starting to respond! Even if you don't want to volunteer to help new turners please show up anyway as a show of support for the troops and the local chapter!

"Hey Penturners, are you ready for another Indy Chapter event? Something new is being planned for the next meeting; it will be held on August 18th at the Rockler Woodworking store in the Castleton area of Indianapolis. Since all of Indianapolis is under construction (it seems they are replacing all of the streets and roads in the area) you may need to Google the best way to get to the store if you aren't familiar with the area. Rockler has asked that the Indy IAP chapter staff a "Turn a Pen for the Troops" event on the 18th that will run from 10AM until 4:30PM. There will be 5 lathes set up for turning, Rockler will furnish the kits and blanks as well as mandrels and bushings and we will supervise the turning while hopefully gaining some new members for the chapter. We are asking that EVERYONE from our chapter show up, even if for just a short time, and bring a pen that you are willing to donate to the troops. We will have Dave Herrmann there to take your picture, you will be asked to fill out a note card with your email address and an encouraging word and we will see that your pen gets to a troop serving in the military effort overseas. Some of us have been involved in this kind of event before and know the encouragement the warriors get and we gain some joy as well. We also have the opportunity to express our thanks to Rockler for their support while doing what we enjoy. Rockler will be publicizing this with the local news stations and the local papers. So plan on it, come join us for the fun.

We are also asking that you bring a pen for us to donate to the church we meet in for their fall bazaar as a thank you. They have been a blessing to us and we have the chance to show our gratitude with this small offering.

Finally, we are still waiting for people to step up and run for the three offices within the chapter. We are having an election in November with the officers to take over in January. The presiding officers will assist in the passing of the duties and help the new officers get on their feet and in gear. IF there are no candidates for this, there will be no meeting in January or from there on. Think about this. You may be the one to take the reins and grow the chapter.

Please email Bill Bettag at billbettag@aol.com, if you are willing to be a supervisor for the 18th, we need at least 10 people for this.

Ron, Dan, Bill, Dave and Ernie"

Thanks

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I would love to be there and help out, but my schedule isn't free that day. I'll be in Bonneville Utah for speed week from the 11th to the 17th. Returning on the 18th.

Top Bottom