International Association of Penturners  
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > Local Chapters > Indianapolis
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2011, 03:51 PM   #11 (permalink)

Photos: 163

Hey guys, I got the started on my Flickr account for this months meeting. The link to the photo set is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/76winge...7627324934898/

So far I only have two photos, a couple shots for pens from the door prizes of the past couple meetings: Bill Archer from Aprils meeting and mine from the January meeting. Bill "Wood Butcher" wanted some photos of the finished products to share with our benefactor of those prizes, Kallenshaan Woods. I think this is a great idea, and it would be great to see and photograph finshed products from other door prizes so we can share them with those who donated.

I'm off to get the rest of the photos uploaded. I ended up with over 150 photos, and well over half are good, but I'm going to try and narrow it down to around 40-50 of the "best of the bunch". I'll drop in and leave another note when I get those uploaded. Some will be there yet this evening!

We should be should also be sure Ryan, from Woodturningz gets a look at the all of the photos from the meeting. I noticed in many of the photos there were people actively looking through the catalogs that were supplied at the meeting, so his contributions in door prizes and catalogs was notable. Plus Mike & Linda's presence and bring in their goodies for us to purchase first hand was a great contribution to the meeting. I've got several great pictures from their table that will be uploaded soon as well.

Ernie's demo on dying wood and applying a CA finish was great and I got a few good shots of him as well as Ron and Bill and everyone in attendance.

Oh yeah, I was going to go work on the photos, not write a book...

Be back with more soon!!!

My Facebook page , My Etsy Store , My Twitter page
76winger is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 07-31-2011, 04:14 PM   #12 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBorraga View Post
Well it was a great day. It seemed everything went very smooth. Bill, Ron, and Dan kept it going nicely. Was nice to see my old pals and lots of new faces. It's been a long day for me, but I sure had fun. Pretty hard to beat a day with friends followed by an afternoon and evening with the hottest woman on the planet.

And let the record show that I have a perfect record with the weather. Every meeting I come to I somehow encounter rain in your great state. Was nice and sunshiny here!!
You need to visit more often since you always bring the RAIN with you and we NEED more rain SO BADLY. Our ground is cracked from being so thirsty. And before you say it wasn't you ... we hadn't had rain here the entire month - last night it finally rained.
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, . . . . . . .

Linda aka Mrs.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:20 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76winger View Post
Hey guys, I got the started on my Flickr account for this months meeting. The link to the photo set is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/76winge...7627324934898/

Plus Mike & Linda's presence and bring in their goodies for us to purchase first hand was a great contribution to the meeting. I've got several great pictures from their table that will be uploaded soon as well.

Feel free to use that "ERASE" function on the photos that show ME . . it's really very very simple ... LOL.

I am glad that you got some good pictures though. Maybe it will inspire other chapters to start building up more. Right now I wouldn't be surprised if we had the largest ACTIVE chapter on IAP.

Keep up all the good work and we look forward to seeing everyone this fall (if not before)!!
Advertisement
Old 07-31-2011, 06:13 PM   #14 (permalink)

Photos: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkimery View Post
It was a great day yesterday, and for me it is a profitable day today. Enjoyed the good food conversation with all you big-time pros! A lot of fun indeed.

Here's what I have been doing: http://www.penturners.org/forum/show...32#post1260732

Bill, Ron...Thanks for allowing Ernie and me to participate.
Randy
You're officially one of the big dogs in my book. Was this the article you were telling me about? Really nice write up for you and your wife.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:23 PM   #15 (permalink)

No pictures? Didn't happen.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:41 PM   #16 (permalink)

I discovered the Flikr Uploadr software today and how it makes it easier to upload a collection of photos at one time, organized and commented on. SWEET!!!

The biggest batch is being uploaded as I type this. Once again check out the set at this address:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76winge...7627324934898/

Feel free to add comments and such as you view them (you must have a free flicker account and be logged in to comment). I've add short comments to some but there's much more that could be added.

Old 07-31-2011, 08:21 PM   #17 (permalink)

Photos: 9

Default Photos Posted

Dave (76winger), thanks for the great photos.

Old 07-31-2011, 08:26 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rej19 View Post
Dave (76winger), thanks for the great photos.

You're welcome!

And to top it off they're all uploaded now - 71 in all!

Old 07-31-2011, 08:29 PM   #19 (permalink)

Something's missing from the above links lets try it again...

^^^ That's better, this one's good ^^^

Last edited by 76winger; 07-31-2011 at 08:30 PM.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:04 PM   #20 (permalink)

Photos: 15

Dave the last photo is awesome.

The one of with Bill's arms outstreached, needs to be captioned, Welcome to the house of Bill.

Suggestion for next meeting....
Instead of a tips discussion, what about a what do you need help with session? I think there is something that all of us need help with, and with this large of a group I am sure there are good answers.