Indianapolis Chapter Meeting Review

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rej19

Another successful meeting is now history. With 58 enthusiastic penturners showing up to share and to learn it was a:bananen_smilies051: great time. Thanks to Ernie for his wood dyeing demo and associated CA finish. There were lots of very nice pens on display and the pen swap had several participants. Thanks to everyone for participating in our group discussions. We have lots of ideas for the next meeting this fall. Special thanks to Wood Turningz and Ernie for the door prizes. Also thanks to Indy-Pen-Dance for showing up with tons of new products. Thanks to Bill and Dan for help in the preparation and everyone who helped cleanup. Thanks to Dave for the photos that will be showing up here shortly. Thanks to everyone who brought food and drink for meal. We had lots of new faces at our meeting today and I hope they enjoyed what they saw. I'm looking for a 100 in the fall!
Did I thank everyone? I hope so. If not forgive me it wasn't intentional!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

Yes Ron ... you forgot to thank yourself. Without your leadership this group wouldn't be what it is right now. Thank you for all of your hard work.
Also a special thanks to the members of the church where we meet for allowing us to use an absolutely wonderful facility for our meetings.

I thought we had more folks there today - one of the members counted and thought there were 66 - maybe a couple were counted twice or maybe some people left ??

We at Indy-Pen-Dance want to thank everyone that came today - we enjoyed seeing everyone and we especially want to thank those who took the time to stop by our tables and say "Hey" or make a purchase. Today (as the last couple of meetings) it's been very busy and we really do like to get a chance to chat with everyone. We appreciate Everyone in the Indy Chapter - this is a GREAT GROUP of turners!

Until the next time,

Linda & Mike

IPD_Mr

I want to add just a bit to Linda's comments....

Thank you to all our hard core members. These are the folks that drive a couple hours one way to attend. Ernie, Todd and Randy to just name a few. I know we have had people from Ft. Wayne as well attend. So Chuck if you are reading this, you could become our most hard core members! :biggrin: Well next to Todd - riding in the caddy listening to banjo music for two two hours is pretty scary in it's own right.

Thanks to Dave for lugging around his camera and taking photos. I know it can be hard to visit with folks when you are trying to get a part of everything on film.

Thanks to our Chef and all of the wonderful food that people brought.

rej19

Mike/Linda, there probably were more there than 58. Not everyone signs in and with everyone moving around it is hard to get an accurate account. I agree 100% we do have some hard core members. Lots of dedicated talented turners in our area.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I sure am glad to hear it was another great meeting. You all have what it takes to put it together as a team. Too bad for me, I'm not there. MAYBE, we'll be there in October.:wink: Thanks friends, for keeping me in mind.:biggrin:

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Well it was a great day. It seemed everything went very smooth. Bill, Ron, and Dan kept it going nicely. Was nice to see my old pals and lots of new faces. It's been a long day for me, but I sure had fun. Pretty hard to beat a day with friends followed by an afternoon and evening with the hottest woman on the planet:biggrin:.

And let the record show that I have a perfect record with the weather. Every meeting I come to I somehow encounter rain in your great state. Was nice and sunshiny here!!

Oldwagon

The Scottsburg McDonalds really likes it when we pull in and they get a free hillbilly concert.THinking about getting some shirts made to give away to all of Ernies fans.

76winger

Hey guys, I got the started on my Flickr account for this months meeting. The link to the photo set is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/76winger/sets/72157627324934898/

So far I only have two photos, a couple shots for pens from the door prizes of the past couple meetings: Bill Archer from Aprils meeting and mine from the January meeting. Bill "Wood Butcher" wanted some photos of the finished products to share with our benefactor of those prizes, Kallenshaan Woods. I think this is a great idea, and it would be great to see and photograph finshed products from other door prizes so we can share them with those who donated.

I'm off to get the rest of the photos uploaded. I ended up with over 150 photos, and well over half are good, but I'm going to try and narrow it down to around 40-50 of the "best of the bunch". I'll drop in and leave another note when I get those uploaded. Some will be there yet this evening!

We should be should also be sure Ryan, from Woodturningz gets a look at the all of the photos from the meeting. I noticed in many of the photos there were people actively looking through the catalogs that were supplied at the meeting, so his contributions in door prizes and catalogs was notable. Plus Mike & Linda's presence and bring in their goodies for us to purchase first hand was a great contribution to the meeting. I've got several great pictures from their table that will be uploaded soon as well.

Ernie's demo on dying wood and applying a CA finish was great and I got a few good shots of him as well as Ron and Bill and everyone in attendance.

Oh yeah, I was going to go work on the photos, not write a book...

Be back with more soon!!!

IPD_Mrs

Well it was a great day. It seemed everything went very smooth. Bill, Ron, and Dan kept it going nicely. Was nice to see my old pals and lots of new faces. It's been a long day for me, but I sure had fun. Pretty hard to beat a day with friends followed by an afternoon and evening with the hottest woman on the planet:biggrin:.

And let the record show that I have a perfect record with the weather. Every meeting I come to I somehow encounter rain in your great state. Was nice and sunshiny here!!

You need to visit more often since you always bring the RAIN with you and we NEED more rain SO BADLY. Our ground is cracked from being so thirsty. And before you say it wasn't you ... we hadn't had rain here the entire month - last night it finally rained.
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, . . . . . . .

Linda aka Mrs.

IPD_Mrs

Hey guys, I got the started on my Flickr account for this months meeting. The link to the photo set is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/76winger/sets/72157627324934898/

Plus Mike & Linda's presence and bring in their goodies for us to purchase first hand was a great contribution to the meeting. I've got several great pictures from their table that will be uploaded soon as well.

Feel free to use that "ERASE" function on the photos that show ME . . it's really very very simple ... LOL.

I am glad that you got some good pictures though. Maybe it will inspire other chapters to start building up more. Right now I wouldn't be surprised if we had the largest ACTIVE chapter on IAP.

Keep up all the good work and we look forward to seeing everyone this fall (if not before)!!

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
It was a great day yesterday, and for me it is a profitable day today. Enjoyed the good food conversation with all you big-time pros! A lot of fun indeed.

Here's what I have been doing: http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1260732#post1260732

Bill, Ron...Thanks for allowing Ernie and me to participate.
Randy

You're officially one of the big dogs in my book. Was this the article you were telling me about? Really nice write up for you and your wife.

76winger

I discovered the Flikr Uploadr software today and how it makes it easier to upload a collection of photos at one time, organized and commented on. SWEET!!!

The biggest batch is being uploaded as I type this. Once again check out the set at this address:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76winge...7627324934898/

Feel free to add comments and such as you view them (you must have a free flicker account and be logged in to comment). I've add short comments to some but there's much more that could be added.

IPD_Mr

Dave the last photo is awesome.

The one of with Bill's arms outstreached, needs to be captioned, Welcome to the house of Bill.

Suggestion for next meeting....
Instead of a tips discussion, what about a what do you need help with session? I think there is something that all of us need help with, and with this large of a group I am sure there are good answers.

rej19

MIke, Thanks for the suggestion. We have lots to work out before our next meeting. Our size is going to not allow business as usual. Lots of ideas flying around in my head right now and with help things will only get better. Very excited about the future of the Indianapolis Chapter.

jbostian

Looks like I missed another good meeting. Maybe I will be at the next one. The last few meetings have been scheduled on weekends I have my children. I am pretty sure a 8 and 5 year old wouldn't have as much fun as I would at the meeting. Although my 8 year old son has become my offical pen inspecter. Every time I finish a pen he will ask to see it and then very closely inspect then give me his approval.

Take care,
Jamie

IPD_Mr

Jamie - we had out almost 4 year old grandson with us and he did real well. I do not mean to speak for the whole group, but if they are well behaved, I do not see a problem.

76winger

Jamie - we had out almost 4 year old grandson with us and he did real well. I do not mean to speak for the whole group, but if they are well behaved, I do not see a problem.

Hey, I tried to be well behaved, but it's hard.... :bananen_smilies104:

But your grandson did really great. I think he had plenty of people and action to keep him entertained.

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks for the work on the photos; taking the, sorting them, posting tehm and being so available and faithful to get it all donw. I knew we had the right guy for this job.
WB

jbostian

I will keep that in mind for the next meeting. I think my son would do alright, it is my daughter that might stir up a little trouble. But then again she is pretty shy. If she doesn't know the people around her she usually just hides behind me.

Jamie

Top Bottom