Indianapolis Chapter meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Here it ias again, we'll keep posting this until all you Hoosiers respond so get with it.

Hey Penturners, are you ready for another Indy Chapter event? Something new is being planned for the next meeting that will be held on August 18th at the Rockler Woodworking store in the Castleton area of Indianapolis. Since all of Indianapolis is under construction (they are replacing all of the streets and roads in the area it seems) you may need to Google the best way to get to the store if you aren't familiar with the area. Rockler has asked that the Indy IAP chapter staff a "Turn a Pen for the Troops" event on the 18th that will run from 10AM until 4:30PM. There will be 5 lathes set up for turning, Rockler will furnish the kits and blanks as well as mandrels and bushings and we will supervise the turning while hopefully gaining some new members for the chapter. We are asking that EVERYONE from our chapter show up, even if for just a short time, and bring a pen that you are willing to donate to the troops. We will have Dave Herrmann there to take your picture, you will be asked to fill out a note card with your name, email address and an encouraging word and we will see that your pen gets to a troop serving in the military effort overseas. Some of us have been involved in this kind of event before and know the encouragement the warriors get and the joy we experience doing this. We also have the opportunity to express our thanks to Rockler for their support while doing what we enjoy. Rockler will be publicizing this with the local news stations and the local papers. There will be lots of in store discounts and specials to take advantage of and remember to mention that you are a member of the pen turner's guild so we get credit for any purchases. So plan on it, come join us for the fun.

We are also asking that you bring a pen for us to donate to the church we meet in for their fall bazaar as a thank you. They have been a blessing to us and we have the chance to show our gratitude with this small offering.

Finally, we are still waiting for people to step up and run for the three offices within the chapter. We are having an election in November with the officers to take over in January. The presiding officers will assist in the passing of the duties and help the new officers get on their feet and in gear. IF there are no candidates for this, there will be no meeting in January or from there on. Think about this. You may be the one to take the reins and grow the chapter.

Ron, Dan, Bill, Dave and Ernie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

76winger

I'm working on reviewing the photos I took today. Here's a teaser to keep everyone in suspense until I get them uploaded to Flickr.

Once I get them all uploaded I'll post a link to the collection.

Attachments

• DSC_0017.jpg
    DSC_0017.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 189

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Chris, we haven't made that decision yet. We have you on the contact list and as soon as the date is set we will send out 2 or 3 notices to all on the list and will post it here so, be on the look out. We are probably headed toward a November gathering. Hope you can make it.
WB
Bill

Top Bottom