How about a free laser style pen kit and blank.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
All you Hoosiers, and guests, should really make an effort to attend the Indy chapter meeting Saturday. We have a supplier who is offering to supply the kits and blanks, laser cut style, for the Wounded Warrior program. All we need now is a bunch of turners who will provide the labor. Details will be supplied at the meeting so postpone waxing the snow blower, you'll have time for that later. and get to the meeting.
WB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Here is the press release that will be going out very soon. I have worked with the store on several occasions to make pens for our troops and it has always been successful and fun. I would encourage you turners with Rockler stores in your area to show this to them and lay down the challenge to make this bigger than just Indianapolis. The suggested opening bid s will be $40 each, fun for us, good for the troops and cheers for Rockler.

Rockler Woodworking is having a Silent Auction (see below) to raise money for the Wounded Warrior Project. If you would like to participate and have experience in turning laser cut pens, please contact us and we will provide you free of charge, with the laser and pen kits to turn for this worthy cause. Also, please tell your friends and come in and bid on a pen! We need your help to make this fundraiser a success! Our soldiers are paying the price for our freedom, so this is a chance to give back to them.

Wounded Warrior Silent Auction!
Bid on a beautiful laser pen, turned by members of the local chapter of the International Association of Penmakers and others, and help the Wounded Warrior Project. Choose a pen design from military, firefighters, and police, all of which have been provided by Kallenshaan Woods and Rockler Woodworking. 100% of proceeds will go to help our courageous wounded soldiers in their battle for recovery. Bid on a pen for yourself, as a gift, or donate it to Wounded Warriors to be given to a member of the armed forces. Bidding at the store runs from November 8th to 22nd. So come in, and bid often! We apologize, but in anticipation of a large response, we will not be able to take bids over the phone or by email.

WB

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Larry,
As of this last Saturday all but a few pens have been "sold" at the auction. Overall it was a success and Paul, the Rockler manager, feels that the remaining pens will also be bought. I have one more to make at the request of a bidder and the project will be complete. Next time you're in Rockler ask either Paul or Rue Ann for more details. Thanks to all who participated in the Wounded Warrior project. I'm sure it will be repeated next year.
WB

Top Bottom