Great Hospitality INDY!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I have a great time today! Nice group in Indianapolis enjoying all their food and coffee!

Wonderful demo Bill! I actually stopped off at Home Depot to look for the 1" nuts for the headstock sanding adapter... alas, maybe Lowes.

Nice job INDY! Hopefully will see you in the fall.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam
The long drive was the only issue, right? I/we enjoyed talking with you. Thanks for stopping by our club!

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Hope you made it home safe. I enjoyed talking with you and seeing some of the collection. No rain on the ride home for me. Hopefully yours was just as nice!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
The long drive was the only issue, right? I/we enjoyed talking with you. Thanks for stopping by our club!

Hi Randy - The drive was much better without the rain and fog! No problems... Now if the Indiana Chapter wanted to meet in...say...Dayton, that's fine with me! Heck, we'll even let you annex the city into Indiana :eek::eek::eek:.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Hope you made it home safe. I enjoyed talking with you and seeing some of the collection. No rain on the ride home for me. Hopefully yours was just as nice!

Hi Ernie - Also great to put another face to a name!

Those 3 from the IAP Collection were just "Teasers." Maybe at the fall meeting, I'll set up a table with all of them (30-35). :)

Last edited:

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Super meeting Saturday, thanks to all the officers and members for making the trip to Avon so worthwhile. I know we all appreciate the hospitality of the church and them allowing us to use the very nice facility. When there is a meeting and folks come hundreds of miles to attend, well, we have a good thing happening. I'm sure Dave will have the photos up for us to enjoy and remind us of the fun we had. The idea Matthew had to allow everyone to mingle for an hour before starting the official meeting was, in my opinion, near genius. There was a lot to see and a lot discuss that works to encourage us to get back at it after that winter from Hades. Let's all help the chapter by getting some work ready for a September show and tell and then invite someone to ride with us. Who knows, a visiting friend may want to join the madness and make a pen.
We had a few really experienced pen makers, we had a couple who have not made their first pen yet and lots of turners who are somewhere in between for a total of about 35 people. We had one crazy Kentuckian who made the trek and one even crazier guy from the Cleveland Ohio area, that's like a 4 hour plus drive, just to see what we were up to; thanks for your Herculean efforts.
Just like the Rose Bowl, the leaders are already planning the next get together, let's support them in any way they ask us to help out.
WB

rej19

Sorry I couldn't make it. Previous commitments prevent it. I hope to make it in the fall. Sounds like I missed a great meeting.

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam
Dave (76winger) find your camera yet? :):) Usually I see pictures by now Bro! Snap to it! Great to see you Saturday by the way!! :peace:

76winger

Hi guys,
I have been lax on getting the photos posted this time around. Personal and spiritual commitments have delayed me getting the photos out as quickly as normal. I should be able to work on them and have them posted by Tuesday night.

Please accept my apologies for the delay!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
We had one crazy Kentuckian who made the trek and one even crazier guy from the Cleveland Ohio area,
WB

Well... I can't speak for the status of the Gentleman from the Fair State of Kentucky... But I for one take offense from being called "Crazy" from anyone that want's to be called "Wood Butcher" :tongue:.

Besides, when they released me from Logansport State Hospital they said it wasn't true! :curse::bananen_smilies026:

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam
Dave, I was just joking with you! :biggrin: Randy

Hi guys,
I have been lax on getting the photos posted this time around. Personal and spiritual commitments have delayed me getting the photos out as quickly as normal. I should be able to work on them and have them posted by Tuesday night.

Please accept my apologies for the delay!

76winger

I know you were Randy, but I figured others would be wondering the same thing so it would be best to let you all know an ETA.

I had actually come in here to leave that message and yours just happened to have been there ahead of it. LOL

twinsen

I enjoyed the meeting. Was nice to hear all about the segmenting from the old pro. Looking forward to episode 2 at next meeting.

I had several people say they wished they had brought their tools to be sharpened. I am up for bringing the sharpener again if people are interested. Only 1 brought tools this time, 1 guy had a pocket knife I touched up. Also, if people have pocket knives or kitchen knives, bring them.

I had several people comment on the non-standard profile of some of my pens. I'd be happy to do a demonstration if someone is wiling to haul a lathe there. :)

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Mark, I have a crazy story about Logansport Indiana. Remind me to tell you about it when we're in Illinois! The whole town thought I was the craziest person they had ever met. And I was only there for two days :eek:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Mark, I have a crazy story about Logansport Indiana. Remind me to tell you about it when we're in Illinois! The whole town thought I was the craziest person they had ever met. Were they wrong??? :tongue: And I was only there for two days :eek:

Fair enough, I'll remind you when I see you at MPG. I actually worked at New Castle State Hospital 1 1/2 yrs (When Steve Alford was there), and at CPC Valle Vista Hospital in Greenwood, and at Bradford Woods/IU/Martinsville (I was the Director for Camp Little Red Door, for children with terminal cancer... That one was tough). Spent 5 yrs in Indy and loved the state!

Top Bottom