Fall 2015 Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lpierce65

From Bill Bettag

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, sans-serif] Pen Makers,
We have reserved the church for the 21st of November and we're ready to begin the final meeting planning approach. We would like to know, are you interested? I sent out a request to a dozen members asking if anyone would be willing to provide a demo or a training session for a topic they are comfortable with. The response has been ......................................................................................................................................................................................................
We will need to have a program and in the past that has been a demo or two or maybe a presentation of "How I do (fill in the blank)" If anyone has a suggestion of what they think would be a topic of interest or if you have an idea of a different approach to a meeting that will meet the needs of the membership or at least explain or diffuse some problems experienced in pen making, please, let us know what is on your mind. If you are willing to make a demonstration of a skill of yours that will help others working at improving their skills, please, step forward so we can set up a time frame for you at the meeting.
There is a good amount of work involved in setting up a meeting and providing the resources so that it is a pleasant experience for us all. Let us know if you have some input and, let us know if you give a crap whether we have a meeting or not. If you have moved on to other interests from the craft of making pens, that's not a bad thing but let us know so we can stop sending you meeting notices.
We want the meeting to be a lot of fun and informative, help us provide that.
Thanks
Bill Bettag on behalf of the leader team of the Indy Chapter of IAP
[/FONT]

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I will attend and bring the FULL IAP Collection for a display.

If there is enough interest, you folks can have an in-house contest to donate a pen to the collection.

See you!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Looking for someone to do a demo at the meeting. Doesn't have to be extravagant but, related to making pens :biggrin:

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam
I will be in Ferinand Indiana for a 2-day Arts Show. Sorry I cannot attend this one. My November weekends are always packed. This year it is exceptionally busy with three 2-day shows. I can't wait until the next meeting, Spring maybe?
Blessings from south central Indiana.

Last edited:

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Thanks to all who are letting us know if you can make it. Ernie, i'm prayin' for you man and I'm being heard. It would be good to see you. Looks like only about 120 will be there. We should rethink the donut order.....
WB

Bill, I recently went back on dialysis. It's a real butt kicker for me, but i'll make it. I'll do some searching and see if i can find some giveaway stuff for all 120 people :) So I'll see you northerner's in a few week's:biggrin:

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Now that's addiction dedication, giving up a day off to attend the meeting. We should come up with ribbons or something for those who are so committed. Look forward to seeing you on the 21st.
WB

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Our membership contact list just keeps on growing. I added 3 more this week and 2 last week. It's looking like we're gonna have a good meeting Saturday. Y'all come join us, ya hear now?
WB

EBorraga

In Memoriam
I'll have the Subaru gassed up and ready. This will be the first trip i've made up there without the Caddy. Looks like it's going to be cold and snowing :eek: I'm planning on hitting the road by 7am.

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Last reminder has been sent for the meeting this Saturday. If you received it we really hope you can make the meeting. If you didn't receive the emails or see it here send me a PM and we will correct the error.
WB

Wooly

Hope there are lots of pic's and stories. Our project at work is going into tomorrow so I can't make it after all. The spring meeting is so far away! Hope you all enjoy.

Wooly

EBorraga

In Memoriam
Sorry guys, i'm not going to make it. I had a very rough go tonight at dialysis and i'm struggling with some very low blood pressure issues. I don't want to attempt the drive and have trouble on the way. So take plenty of pictures, and watch out for Mark and Chuck

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Sorry to hear this Ernie. You're doing the right thing. Stay home and rest. I hope you get back in good shape. I was looking forward to seeing you again but I can wait for that. I will give you a call.

Indytom

I just got home from the fall meeting and it was a great meeting. I just want to say thank you to Bill and all the other people that worked to make this such a great meeting. Except for the weather, it was a nearly perfect morning. Already looking forward to the Spring meeting.

Tom

tbfoto

I just got home from the fall meeting and it was a great meeting. I just want to say thank you to Bill and all the other people that worked to make this such a great meeting. Except for the weather, it was a nearly perfect morning. Already looking forward to the Spring meeting.

Tom

I agree that the team of people that continue to give of their time to get the meeting scheduled and the details worked out deserve much credit because well.....lets face it....that job doesn't pay much. Oh sure, maybe they get an extra donut or two but hey....it is much appreciated by those of us that can just "show up" and attend a meeting with others within our hobby.
Looking forward to the spring meeting.

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam
Ernie
Hope you are doing better with your rest! Bad weather to be down!

Sorry guys, i'm not going to make it. I had a very rough go tonight at dialysis and i'm struggling with some very low blood pressure issues. I don't want to attempt the drive and have trouble on the way. So take plenty of pictures, and watch out for Mark and Chuck

twinsen

I did not make it to the meeting Sat with my Sorby Pro Edge, for a good reason, which I won't go into. Sorry for any disappointment I caused though.

Looking forward to the pictures!

76winger

I hope you are doing well Ernie,
I got several good photos and must apologize for not having them up yet. I've had lots of things keeping me occupied since I got home following the meeting Saturday. Tonight isn't any better but I foresee some time Tuesday evening so I'll likely work on them and get them posted then. I'll post a note in here as soon as I have them up.

Thanks to all who attended, it was a great meeting as usual.

Top Bottom