Don't forget this weekend meeting! 3-16-13

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rej19

Friendly reminder of this weekends Indianapolis Chapter Meeting. Saturday 3-16-13 10am till about Noon. Those who want to be involved in the future leadership and planning be there at 9:00am for a planning meeting. It's time for you to get involved if you want to see the continued success of our chapter. Please bring your latest creations, items to buy, sell, or trade. Bring a pen for the pen swap. It's always a great time when we meet. Let us know if you coming!

The location is the same: Avon Parkside Church of the Nazarene located at 47 North C.R. 625 East in Avon, IN. The intersection for this is US Highway 36 and C.R. 625 E. It is on the Northeast corner of the intersection

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

76winger

And I'll be there to take pictures and give the new camera a workout! :eek:

But don't worry, no formal dress required. :biggrin:

Wooly

Looking forward to the pictures Dave. I can't make this one due to bypass surgery a couple of weeks ago. Not quite ready for a road trip yet. Everyone have fun and hopefully there will be a next one.

Lynn Woolever

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I was planning on going racing, but the weather doesn't look good. So I'll be making the trek north. Todd is riding shotgun as well. I have a few door prize gifts but haven't made a pen all winter. We'll be hitting the road at 6:30am. If you get passed on I-65 by a white cadilac blaring banjo music, just beep the horn:biggrin:!!

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Your signature, ernie! Remind me of that when I sober up! Thanks! Doesn't look like I'm going to make this one so take good notes! :)

I was planning on going racing, but the weather doesn't look good. So I'll be making the trek north. Todd is riding shotgun as well. I have a few door prize gifts but haven't made a pen all winter. We'll be hitting the road at 6:30am. If you get passed on I-65 by a white cadilac blaring banjo music, just beep the horn:biggrin:!!

76winger

Ron,
Yes I already sold the camera equipment. About 30 minutes after posting here on IAP!

Lynn,
I'll try to get some good one so you can and others can enjoy from the comfort of your home. Take care of your self and get well!

Ernie,
Glad I'm coming from the other direction on I-65. Wouldn't want the doors blown off my old Caravan, It's gotta last me another year or so!

Joe,
Wish you could make it, but if you can't you can't. Take care until next time!

I'm giving the new camera a checkover this evening. Will start with the settings I used the last couple times on the D40, which worked pretty well.

lpierce65

WOW

After Leaving the Pen Meeting today, I was west bound on SR 36. Got behind a small Chevy S10 type truck pulling a trailer.. I am Sure this was loaded with Walnut wood...... Split and cut off into 18 inch lengths for the wood Stove or fireplace.. I wanted to pull him over and offer to buy it rather than see it destined for the Wood stove.. and he looked like he could have used the money.. Traffic was too heavy to try it. Then I would have to figure out how to get it home and hide it before the wife seen it. She thinks I'm a wood hoarder anyway..

tbfoto

I'm a wood hoarder anyway..

I don't see a problem with that. LOL

It was another good meeting. I had not been able to make it to the past couple meetings but I'm glad I got to this one. Saw some great looking pens and it's always good to be around like minded folks.
I left and headed out to spend some time at both Rockler and Woodcraft stores before I headed home. While at Woodcraft I met a gentleman that was into making pens that was not aware of our group. I explained about the local chapter so I hope he finds his way here and chooses to join in. So Tony....if you see this post....Welcome.

Last edited:

76winger

I tried to send the link above out by email too, but I hit Googles limit and got some Nasty-grams back from them, so I'm not sure it it made it through to everyone or not.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I didn't see any wood, but I saw a few wrecks. I went north when I left and spent some time at Indy-Pen-Dance. Scored a few deals and had some great conversation's. Made it home around 8:00 to a gorgeous 65 degrees! I'm not sure how you guys put up with that miserable weather:biggrin:

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Super photos Dave, that new camera was a good investment I'm thinking. I really enjoyed the meeting, it feels a lot like family when one sees the familiar faces and the enthusiasm of all who attend. We had visitors and we had several people who have stepped up to take the reins of the chapter so the current officers can take a breather and we're truly grateful for your willingness to serve the club. There will be emails sent to keep you advised of what's happening so be watching for them. We had 35 members and guests as I counted, out of nearly 140 on the contact list. Let's all talk up the chapter and invite friends and offer a ride to folks who enjoy turning pens and learning techniques. Thanks to the vendors who supplied the "door prize" materials and to Logs to Lumber, Mike Kelly and his young helpers for being so faithful. I understand there were issues with transportation for Indy Pen Dance or they would have been there too, I hope all is well now. Things are going to be exciting with new blood involved in the operations so stay tuned and stay involved.
WB

Wooly

Finally checked out the pic's

After checking out the pic's I feel like I was almost there. Very good job on the pictures. Really looking forward to making the next meeting. This was the second one missed since I signed up.
On a brighter side I got a little time in the shop and was able to get rid of some clutter. I did find a guide bearing locked up on the Bandsaw but will be able to pick up a new one when I'm in town for rehab later this week.

Again thanks for the pic's,
Lynn Woolever

Top Bottom