Directions to First meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

medemt

It's great to see so many are interested in having the meeting. Hope we can have a couple of demos. As I stated in an earlier thread, the meeting place is in Avon, In.

The address is 47 N. CR 625 East. It is at the "Avon Parkside Church of the Nazarene"

Directions are faily simple.

If coming from the east (I'll start from I-465 on the west side of Indy) Take the Rockville road / US Hwy 36 exit to west. You will travel approximately 7 miles. This will take you to the west end of Avon. Your next landmark will be State road 267 (SR 267). There is a Conkle funeral home on the NW corner. Proceed past this you will pass through an intersection next to a McDonalds. Go down a long hill to the next intersection. When you get to that intersection (which is CR 625 East) you will see a small white house to your right (north east corner). You have already past the church on your right as you approached the intersection. You can see the sign only US Hwy 36. Turn right at the intersection (north) and go about 10 YARDS and you will see a drive on the right (behind the house). Another sign is at that drive. Turn in and come into the parking lot. You will see the entrance on the west side of the church.

If you are coming from the north, say north of Zionsville, you can come south on I-65 to State road 267 toward Brownsburg. You can then take SR 267 south to Avon (through Brownsburg) to US Hwy 36. The funeral home would then be on your right. Turn right and follow the remaining directions above.

From the West you can come through Danville, IN on US 36 come to CR 625 E and follow the directions above.

If you are coming down I-74 from West Indiana, you can exit at SR 267 (exit 66) and go through Brownsburg to Avon at US Hwy 36. Follow directions above from there.

If you have any problems finding the place, you call me on my cell at (317) 439-0224. Call if you need clarification on the directions.

Anyone needing to off load equipment can see me when you get there and I will direct you to the door. If anyone has difficulty climbing stairs, you can enter on the North side of the building. There is also parking there.

If anyone needs some special set up, please contact me first. There is only 110 VAC power in the hall.

Dan

DATELINE : Nov 16, 18:16

I just took a drive up to Indy to check the location of the first upcoming meeting, and found that the "Rockville road / US 36" exit (13-B) is closed for ?45? days .. so I drove up to the next exit (14-B or 10th Street). Drove through three lights to "Girl School Road" (large school on right), turned LEFT, drove until I got to Rockville Road / US-36, took a RIGHT and followed Dan's very accurate directions.

For the return trip, I suggest reversing the route : LEFT onto Girls_school_road, to 10-th street, back to 465-South/North .. I attempted to use the detour and it is a big_mess and rather convoluted ..

See y'all there this Saturday

Last edited:

medemt

Jeff (and for those coming from the south) If you want to avoid back tracking, exit off I 465 at US 40 (Washington street) and go west to Girl School road. Turn right at Girl School road and take it to Rocville road, then turn left and continue.

It's up to you, either way will get you there.

US 40 is the exit before Rockville road.

Look forward to seeing everyone there.

Dan

Top Bottom