Collaboration

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I would too . I think we could make a good representation for our chapter , with the talent we have . I can donate kit , and whatever else is needed . Maybe Jeff can cast a blank , and if someone could make a box /case whatever . I'm not good at flatwork , but I think some are .

Last edited:

bluzcat

I think the collaboration contest is a good idea. Not sure what I can contribute, I'll do what I can. I was thinking, the deadline is 2-23, and if we have our meeting on the the 14th, that's just a little more than a week to design and fabricate. If we get a good turnout at the Wood Show, maybe we can do a little brainstorming there. At least get a game plan as to what we want to do. Just an idea.:)

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Great , we're moving in the right direction . I have on hand , some chrome Baron RBs , Twotone Chrome Sierra Style "A" , some Black TI Cigars , or can order another style if needed . I also have lots of blanks in case Jeff can't provide any . DI , some burls , Alternate Ivory from Ed4copies . Let's talk to Kenny at the show , and not wait too long to get started . Sound good ??

Josh , let's hear your ideas !

Last edited:

ken69912001

I happen to have a segmented blank that just begging to be made into a pen. Who's interested? Will send whoever would like to turn it a pic so its not posted for every one to see who shouldn't.
John I think your bushings will be just the thing to use for the pen. Would like to see the blank go on a Jr Gent or Baron.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Kenny , I would like to a pic of your blank . This is not the time for me to start turning between centers . How about , I send whoever , a Baron kit , John send the bushings to the turner / finisher , then another can assemble ? Just an idea .

I would be glad to help however I can .. I currently have "indoor resin lab privileges" (or should I more accurately say "upstairs bathroom resin mixing privileges" .. haha .. since the garage is only a dozen degrees warmer than the outside temps, my dear, sweet wife pitied me and agreed to bathroom privs. haha .. she is a sweety.

If you all privately decide on a color, or a general style .. PM me and I will make them and bring them to the Wood Show or the Feb 14 meeting .. then there is no USPS mailing times to worry about .. if you all decide to go with another blank or something, no harm, no foul. haha

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I would be glad to help however I can .. I currently have "indoor resin lab privileges" (or should I more accurately say "upstairs bathroom resin mixing privileges" .. haha .. since the garage is only a dozen degrees warmer than the outside temps, my dear, sweet wife pitied me and agreed to bathroom privs. haha .. she is a sweety.

Congratulations Jeff ! WARM is good !!

DavePowers

I sent an email to all the email addresses that I had early in the week. We scan't post them until after the contest. I thought Coop said he was going to email them to you. email me and I will sent some pictures. Ken has the pen and is taking more pictures also.

Top Bottom