Attention Indiana pen turners.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
And a few from KY where they really know basketball.

"Time's fun when you're having flies", Kermit the Frog.

And time flies between our meetings where we have so much fun. It's time for another meeting of the Indianapolis chapter of the IAP and this one is on April 14th. This will be our biggest endeavor so far with some special focus on our local suppliers allowing them to show some of their wares and offering some goodies that will be of interest to us who practice the craft. If possible, please plan on attending so we can show our support to these folks. We will have several demos and, because we have heard your comments, several will be done as many as 4 times so you can get around to see all that is being done. We, the leadership team have some very important announcements to get to the membership at large; you will not want to miss this one. The usual door prizes, refreshments and just a lot of good conversation is on tap as well, so plan now to attend.

The location is the same: Avon Parkside Church of the Nazarene located at 47 North C.R. 625 East in Avon, IN. The intersection for this is US Highway 36 and C.R. 625 E. It is in the Northeast corner of the intersection. The meeting will begin at 10:00 AM and will be a little longer than usual ending around 2:00 – 3:00 PM . You may, of course stay for all or part of the meeting. See you in a couple of weeks.

Your Indianapolis Leadership Team

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rej19

One Week from Today!

Just one week from now our April Meeting will be history. Make sure you don't forget next weekends meeting. Lots of info to be shared. We are looking for a large turnout. We want you to be part of it!

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
The meeting this Saturday will have some vendor tables set up and some really cool stuff so, bring your piggy bank. We will have demos and lots of other things goin on so if you can, plan to attend this one.
WB

booney0717

I'm from Alexandria and have been looking for a turners club to join. Do you need to be a member to come out and check it all out? I would love to come out and meet ya all! Thanks

rej19

Kevin, everyone is welcome. We have a great group of guys and gals in our chapter. We also have some great vendors who attend. You will not be disappointed. We have several demos planned. Such as Casting, Production Pen Turning, Carbide Tools, Drilling on the Lathe, and of course a CA finishing demo. Make sure you look me up when you get there.

This Saturday 10am till done probably around 3:00.

booney0717

I'm gonna do my best to get there. Probably wont have too much money to spend though. i just placed a big order with penn state and bought some jarrah burl off ebay, and i almost forgot just made a trip to rockler. So far every one is right this is an addiction but its a good one. Hope to see ya all there.

IPD_Mr

Hey Todd did Ernie make you a copy of his banjo CD to play on your way up Saturday?

There will be a few of our regulars missing this meeting. :frown: Ernie and Joe have commitments from real paying jobs and Johnny is working his rear off as usual. Randy will be doing a show making some big bucks. :good:

We still will have a great turnout as usual.

rej19

DON'T FORGET THE PEN SWAP

Mike, yes we are still expecting a great turnout. We have had several new contacts this month. Lots of info to be shared about our chapter and upcoming changes and of course tons of pen turning hints and tricks. Should be a good vendor turnout as usual.

This is a reminder that will be having our traditional pen swap for those who want to participate. I'm sure everyone has a pen that they are willing to swap or can hop out into the shop tonight or tomorrow night to put one together.

I am looking forward to seeing some new and some "old" faces this Saturday.

PM me if there are any questions or post here.

Thanks!

P.S. If you have any pen or wood turning items you want to sell there will be tables to display your individual items. Great way to get rid of some items your not using or have to much of!

Last edited:

IPD_Mr

Loading the SUV. Kind of dreary outside so no using yard work as an excuss to miss all the fun. Dunkin Donut stop on the way. :biggrin:

Top Bottom