April meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Oldwagon

Had a good time today.Got to meet alot of nice folks today.If you ever want a fun ride jump in the car with Ernie for 2 hours.You might never be the same after that.Looking forward to the next.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mr

Now Todd, I hear tell you slept the whole way home. Good thing Ernie didn't have any finger nail polish in his car! :eek:

It was nice meeting you and look forward to the next meeting as well.

Oldwagon

That is the best way to ride with Ernie.If you don't see the back of the trucks when he bows by them you are better off.His car rides like you are in a lazy boy with your feet up.

76winger

It was a great meeting. I'm finishing up some post-processing on the photos I took today and will have a link to them in the next hour or so.

Stay tuned!

IPD_Mr

This was another really great meeting. That is two meetings in a row that we basically filled the meeting room. Over 50 people. It is great seeing the youth and the ladies that are there because they are interested and not just tag alongs. Bill and Ron deserve a big shout out for all their hard work. We may have to find a bus for Bill to drive, the way he gets people to come. :laugh::biggrin::laugh: For those who got a door prize from Rockler, an email to store21@rockler.com would be a nice touch. I think Paul (Rockler manager) really surprised Bill with his generosity. Also a note to Ken at Kallenshaan for his generosity as well.

We could use ideas from the members on what demos they would like done at the next meeting. Or if anyone would like to volunteer to do a demo. I know we had a request for a CA demo and there is a drilling on the lathe demo in the works.

A big shout out to all the members that drove two and three hours to the meeting.

Ernie as always you are a blast and I sure hope someone got a photo of those shorts!:tongue:

Last edited:

DRB4381

I really appreciate all the hard work that went into making today's meeting such a success. It was well organized and informative. I especially enjoyed the TBC demo, but of course it cost me some money. I'm glad I made the 2 hour trip.

Daryn

Last edited:

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I told you guys it was 75 and sunny when I left KY. Then low and behold it was raining all the way there once I got into In.:rain: The worst part was you Hoosiers don't know how to drive:biggrin:. As for my shorts, I was just dreaming of being in Florida with Chuck. The ride home was an hour and 45 minutes. The Caddy was floating on air.

The meeting was very good. I don't know where Bill and Ron find these people, but it was packed. I sold quite a few things as well. Payed for the gas to get there. I hope everyone enjoyed it and learned alot. Although I didn't catch the demo's as I was talking with John. Looking forward to the next one. I also got a couple ideas for a demo that i'll talk to you about. That being said I had a blast and really anjoyed meeting everyone.

And yes I went to the Redneck Machine Gun Shoot when I got home:eek:.

76winger

I told you guys it was 75 and sunny when I left KY. Then low and behold it was raining all the way there once I got into In.:rain: The worst part was you Hoosiers don't know how to drive:biggrin:. As for my shorts, I was just dreaming of being in Florida with Chuck. The ride home was an hour and 45 minutes. The Caddy was floating on air.

The meeting was very good. I don't know where Bill and Ron find these people, but it was packed. I sold quite a few things as well. Payed for the gas to get there. I hope everyone enjoyed it and learned alot. Although I didn't catch the demo's as I was talking with John. Looking forward to the next one. I also got a couple ideas for a demo that i'll talk to you about. That being said I had a blast and really anjoyed meeting everyone.

And yes I went to the Redneck Machine Gun Shoot when I got home:eek:.

I think I did get a picture of those shorts, or at least legs!. Check out the link to the photos in my other posting.

rej19

This Group is Exploding!

All I can say is Wow! Thanks for the great turn out today. We had 50 at our meeting. With the show of hands it like maybe a 1/3 were first timers. We had some great demo's by Mike Kennedy, Joe Fyffe, and Bill Bettag. We had great participation in the pen swap, lot's of dealer goodies, and ton's of shared ideas. We are already anticipating our July meeting to be even bigger and better. Special thanks to Dan Mechuta for the arranging the use of the church. Thanks to Dave Hermann "76winger" for donating a very nice turned bowl to give to the church. It's a great facility for our group to meet in. It was great to see some young turners there today along with several ladies. Again, I can't say how proud of where this group is headed. Several stepped up today to say they want to help in the future so the sky's the limit. Feel free to email me with any comments and suggestions and we will do our best to respond. Our leadership group will be meeting in the next few weeks to plan our July meeting. I know I croaking for own pond here but I think our Local Forum is one of the best!

I'm posting a few photos of todays meeting. Since one of todays demo's was on photography please don't use my photos as a grading aspect of the demo. It was a great demo but I was using a cheap, wet camera....you will the water spots!

See everyone in July.:bananen_smilies051:

Attachments

• DSCN8731.jpg
    DSCN8731.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 162
  • DSCN8732.jpg
    DSCN8732.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 159
  • DSCN8734.jpg
    DSCN8734.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 160
  • DSCN8735.jpg
    DSCN8735.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 175
  • DSCN8740.jpg
    DSCN8740.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 158
  • DSCN8741.jpg
    DSCN8741.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 166
  • DSCN8743.jpg
    DSCN8743.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 150
  • DSCN8744.jpg
    DSCN8744.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 153
  • DSCN8746.jpg
    DSCN8746.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 155
  • DSCN8749.jpg
    DSCN8749.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 159
  • DSCN8742.jpg
    DSCN8742.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCN8751.jpg
    DSCN8751.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 161
  • DSCN8752.jpg
    DSCN8752.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 155
  • DSCN8754.jpg
    DSCN8754.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 152
  • DSCN8755.jpg
    DSCN8755.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 156

76winger

... We may have to find a bus for Bill to drive, the way he gets people to come. :laugh::biggrin::laugh: For those who got a door prize from Rockler, an email to store21@rockler.com would be a nice touch. I think Paul (Rockler manager) really surprised Bill with his generosity. Also a note to Ken at Kallenshaan for his generosity as well.

:tongue:

Great idea Mike!
As a recipient of one of those Rockler gifts, I just sent Paul an email expressing my gratittude from the chapter, and for the dontations.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Wow! This group is amazing. Exactly what I always thought it COULD be and, it is. Too, bad I couldn't be there but, lifes choices are sometimes un-avoidable. I see lots of familiar faces in the pictures. Thanks Ron! I know Ernie has been dying to were some shorts all winter. Way to go Ernie.

I expect this chapter to continue to grow and, this just might be another Penturners gathering.

We are booked up for July but, maybe I can make the next one after. Mike, you always look so Business like. Take a break and, get your butt down to Key West.:island::biggrin: I'm really glad to see such a great turnout. Great job Ron and, Bill. :wink:

Top Bottom