April 9th meeting photos

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

76winger

I just got the photos I took at today's meeting posted on Flickr. The one below seemed to be a good sample with the most people in one shot that I got. You can see the whole collection at the link below the picture. Be sure and leave some comments as you peruse them I'd love to see some names attached to the many people I don't yet know by name!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76winger/sets/72157626338990171/

I had a great time today, meeting and talking with everyone, and look forward to next time!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rej19

Dave, thanks for posting some good photo's! Mine were not very good but I did post them. How about being the official photographer? They pays not great but you can get in for free! Also thanks again for the donated bowl. I am looking forward to the July meeting already.

Last edited:

76winger

Ron,

I'll be happy give to give photogapher spot a go. It'll give me a chance to put another interest (and former hobby) to good use. Plus it's a way I can contribute something to the group.

And for the bowl, I hope the church can put it to good use. For anyone curious, it's made from curly maple (purchased from Rockler) and finished with 7 or 8 coats of Formby's Tung Oil finish, hand rubbed between each coat with progressivly finer grades of steel wool.

medemt

Dave,

I presented the bowl to the Pastor of the church and he was absolutely taken back by how nice a gift it was. He told me that there will be a special time when it will be able to be used in the future. He wanted me to thank the group for such a nice gift.

I second what Ron said about the photography. You will be a great asset to the chapter.

Dan Mechuta
Chapter treasurer

76winger

Thanks Dan, I'm pleased the pastor enjoyed the bowl and that my work will have a good home there.

I'm also glad you guys didn't see the originals... Remember that white balance setting Joe talked about?

LOL - I got first hand experience of cleaning all 42 photos up afterwards because I still had the camera set for my fluorescent -lit photo booth. :) They cleaned up pretty well, with just a little reddishness left in everyone's faces, but the next time will bring me a lot more prepared.

rej19

Ok Dave it's a done deal. You are the official photographer! We plan on having another planning meeting in a few weeks. Your welcome to come. Last time we had it was on the northwest side so it would not be a great drive for you. We'll keep you posted and you can let us know if your interested. Thanks for your help!

76winger

Thanks Ron,
It's interesting turning pens, bowls and vessels has revived my photography hobby of almost 30 years ago, and that I can now use it to serve my new interest. It'll be an honor to do what I can.

I've got a lot to learn (and catch up on!).

Last edited:

IPD_Mr

Dave I think this was a great conclussion on everyones part. I hope that you do take the time to enjoy the demos that you want to watch and not get caught up taking photos missing something you are interested in.

I also think the bowl that you made and donated was one of the nicest things to be done. Stop by our table next meeting, I have a package with your name on it.

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam
Pic wsc-0030 WB's mouth is always open! That's because he's good! :biggrin:

Great Pictures indeed! I hope I don't miss another meeting...:mad:

76winger

Pic wsc-0030 WB's mouth is always open! That's because he's good! :biggrin:

Great Pictures indeed! I hope I don't miss another meeting...:mad:

He had a bit of a black eye in that one too :eek:! He must have gotten something on it while doing his demo... I noticed it and touched it up to make him look "purdy" for the posting. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Vigil-Scouter

Sorry I missed it

Hey all. I got all tied up with tax season (I'm a CPA) and missed the April meeting. Glad to hear it was another big turnout. I look forward to the cookout in July. See you all then. Oh, and much thanks to the new officers for all the hard work to keep these meetings happenning.

Rusty Helms

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Doesn't it have something to with the Boy Scouts?? I could be totally in left field though!!

fxrcharlie

April 9 Meeting

Hi, my name is Charles Taylor. April 9 meeting was my first. I was introduced to IAP by David Roberts. I really injoyed the meeting it was very imformative. I have since took a one on one class with Bill Bettag, to learn the CA finish. I would love to post some pictures of my pens, but I have not figured it out yet, hope to soon. See you at the July meeting.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Hi, my name is Charles Taylor. April 9 meeting was my first. I was introduced to IAP by David Roberts. I really injoyed the meeting it was very imformative. I have since took a one on one class with Bill Bettag, to learn the CA finish. I would love to post some pictures of my pens, but I have not figured it out yet, hope to soon. See you at the July meeting.

I can't remember names, but hopefully you had a good time. I'm definetly planning on making the next one in July. Although with the gas prices so high, i'll have to take out a loan from Mike or Bill:biggrin:.

Top Bottom